Baymule's 2016 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
One recipe I found rolled the stuffed blossoms in bread crumbs and baked them, another used masa harina for the batter and I also printed out one that had what I guess is a traditional batter type. Now I have to go back to the grocery store for more cheese!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I could never see the reasoning in eating the blooms when they were planted for fruits. Interesting suggestion to cull the male blossoms. NOW I see the reasoning. Might give it a try.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I watered the garden today. We have had so much rain, that I haven't had to water it much. Last week we had so much sunshine and got 2 rainy days to bust that week long drought! :lol: We are having another week of sunshine, so I watered the garden.

I picked another 19 squash! :thThat makes a total of 124 now. We are having squash fritters tonight! I pulled 2 yellowed almost dead potato vines and got 3 medium potatoes and 6 small ones. These were the free seed potatoes from the feed store because the planting season was gone way past time. So I got potatoes that were planted late, and we will have them for supper tonight.

I planted yellow wax beans and most of them didn't come up. But I actually have some beans out there, I'll maybe get enough for a meal or two, but it sure feels good to get something! :weee

IMG_0988.JPG

I have 8 bell pepper plants and I have little bells on them!! :ya
IMG_0991.JPG

And the black oil sunflowers are opening their blooms. They have 5-6 sunflowers per stalk!

IMG_0985.JPG

The tomatoes are loaded and we wait anxiously for a ripe one. I found one tiny cucumber on one of the few vines that I have. Some things are a total bust, there are some that we'll get at least a meal or two, and some that (squash) that are or will produce a LOT. We are delighted to be getting anything and know next year it will be even better.

Latest posts