Broken Into and Robbed Again TV Found in Pawnshop

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If I remember right, it was not Tonya but the criminals in her relationships who were the perpetrators.

Once you know this guy's name, you might want to take a little time on Google, matching his name with "likely suspects." If they have lived at the same address, the information is likely to be found, NyBoy.

Probably, people should not be punished for the company they keep but ...

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, sleep with dogs, don't be surprised if you get fleas.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have appointment with police this weekend. One of the side effects is now I am questioning everybody. I don't know the guy who pawned the TV, but sure he wasn't alone. I have a great handyman I used him on several projects. I want him to enclose and sheetrock window . But first I am going to check with police about him. I hate doing that he is a hard working family man who does great work at affordable price.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you have a dusk til dawn light at your place, it might be a good idea to get rid of that and install motion sensor lights instead. A light that is on all the time is just a good work light for thieves and no neighbors notice anything going on over there as the light is on all the time. A motion sensor light comes on and off when activity there happens and can surprise a thief or even alert a neighbor to something going on over there.

If you haven't already, I'd inform your neighbors of the break in and ask them to call you if they see anything suspicious at your place.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee I have both types of lights. It is part my fault I got lazy and stopped using alarm. What I hate is my mistrust of everyone now. I want the window they entered in sheetrocked over. I have a great handyman, he is a hard working family man in 2 years I have never seen any sign of drug use from him. Before calling him about window I checked with police he was not one who pawned my stuff. Officer gave me the creeps name told me not to give it out.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I met with sheriff today, ID my Watch and TV and filled out police report. Now that they are ID they are picking him up tomorrow.I was warned he might not have been the one who broke in, junkies do a lot of trading with each other. They also are not loyal, if he did not break in he should give up name of person who did. The hardest thing was I could not take the watch. I never thought I would see it again, when the officer handed it to me my eyes watered. Handing it back was very hard officer swore I would keep eye on it. I have to say in this day of knocking law enforcement Duchess co Sheriff office where amazing.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just catching up and saw this. You are sooooo lucky your items were found. Happy for you for that. A lot of break ins are done in the day because they know people are at work. I know you are already doing everything you can but I would start talking to your nosey neighbor. I bet she would just love to help you out by keeping a closer eye on your place if you asked.

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
... not helpful... almost didn't post... but.. I have to wonder how many times he checked before finding out that you had stopped setting the alarm?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
What I realize when door is open you have 5 seconds to enter code. Because o this my alarm is close to door. When alarm is off green light on when alarm is on red light, all you have to do is look in door window to see which light is on.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, that's a problem that can be easily solved. If you put a curtain up, make sure it is not so sheer that the red light shows up in the dark. Maybe mini-blinds, or more fashionable wooden blinds?

Latest posts