Broken Into and Robbed Again TV Found in Pawnshop

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
have you called the alarm company to see if there is a way to change this or maybe change out the alarm interface to something that has a longer disarm time? they have to have something like this. when i worked in restaurant our alarm was in the middle of the building so it made you walk a distance to turn it off.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
some of the big box stores have DIY security systems. they require that you do most of the monitoring but have lights & sounds that go off if someone broke in, even cameras to catch pics of the intruders. most now will alert you through a cell phone. it may be a deterrent that could help.if you do get one with a camera make sure you have a sticker on one of the doors that states the house is video monitored since most states people need to be 'informed' of this when they are doing something illegal to you/your property.

have you checked to see if there are other home security monitoring company options in your area? Brinks i know used to advertise home security systems but i think they've changed their name recently.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
while searching for DIY systems i found this neat inexpensive system. http://www.homedepot.com/p/SkyLink-Net-Connected-Home-Alarm-Starter-Kit-SK-200/205556581
i worry if you have a pet how sensitive the system is. i have 2 cats that vie for the window space in a couple of my rooms. the windows that concern me the most are in my living room & dining room & being an old house are very low to the porch, so makes for an easy entrance for someone trying to break in. cats love sitting in these windows watching the birds & chipmunk.

though, until the house's outside has been fixed up, i don't think we have too many thieves that want to break in. my house is so cluttered in the dining room by the door that there is nothing of interest they could want to grab-except maybe the miter saw & my vintage table if they could get the stuff off the top 1st.

i spoke last year with a local pawn shop owner when i was trying to get rid of a few pieces of machine tools that belonged to my FIL. he also does a lot of unfinished furniture so i thought he might want to take a look at some of the items. he said that there are too many people trying to pawn tools that he doesn't take in stuff like that anymore-said he has 3 portable trailers full of stuff & he picked the best of the equipment to use for his furniture biz. also said too much has been found stolen from worksites (he notifies the police when he sees this & gets their info-usually they sell many pieces at a time). this guy has been in business for about 20 years so i trust he knows what he's seen & better rep than the fly by night pawn shops that have come & gone over the years that have been getting in trouble.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for that link to sky view had 2 reviews 1st one returned said it didnt work. 2nd one had great praise. Nest system was highly recommend looking into them also.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i would see if the SkyLink has any other reviews out on the net. i like to look at the reviews too but without enough of them that give a more thorough picture of how it works/worked for them i take each with a grain of salt. too many reviews now could be planted from a paid reviewer or competitor.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks chickie I ordered the skylink. Going to try it at work this way tax write off. Going to be delivered around Oct 20. I figured for price what do I have to lose. If I like will get one for home.

Latest posts