Broken Into and Robbed Again TV Found in Pawnshop

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I had some dental work that left me in a lot of pain. All I wanted to do was drive to country house park car eat handfuls of pain pills. I unlocked 2 doors to kitchen, I was very confused my kitchen table was moved but cleaning lady had not come. I went to put my bag in bedroom and notice 50 inch TV gone. I got a sinking feeling in pit of stomach, went over to window over table and it was broken. I call 911 they told me get out of house now go to road. They had used a knife to jimmy back door to storage room them broke window to kitchen. They piled power tools on floor and left knife police think something spooked them. They did take TV, watches, change, liqueur and medications. police said area having big problem with heroin, Tvs and power tools are what they go for. I could not sleep all night, it is a old house that makes a lot of night noise, which never bothered me before. Hoping they get DNA off knife left behind.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not to burst bubble, don't expect anything. DNA only on TV shows. Had my trailer stolen. Police got it back. Know why? Kid was under investigation for stealing cars/trucks in neighboring state. When they saw him with a trailer, it gave them an excuse to stop. They only found out it was mine when they traced ID to manufacturer, dealer who identified me as owner. Never once looked at police report. Sorry to hear your bad news. Good news, it's just stuff.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had alarm stopped using it when I had this installed did not put one on back door thought no one could fit threw window
38774f30-0e9c-4ccf-872c-9c8b6b14dae1_1000.jpg

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy :hugs, I know how you must be feeling, you feel violated and your feeling of security has gone right out the door with the sleeze bag that ripped you off. I don't know what kind of security systems would work for you being out in the country, do you have homes close to you? A silent alarm that will alert a neighbor so they they can call the police? Even a very loud sounding alarm when your house is entered might be enough to scare some of them off, timed to stop after a certain amount of time, wouldn't be a bad idea to install a couple of cameras either, I know I've thought of installing one to cover our driveway.
I know we shouldn't have to go to these lengths just to feel safe but one has to feel safe in their own homes, unfortunately it's the sign of the times. Even if you put up a sign that your house has an alarm system might help keep some of them at bay.
Our neighbor lost her husband a few years back, this lady is always out doing good things for other, you guessed it she was broken into when she was away. The police came out, took fingerprints and they caught the culprits. She has since installed a security system and a sign stating the security company. She hasn't had a problem since other then her cat sets it off once in awhile. When the alarm goes off all the neighbors turn up :). If the alarm doesn't stop within so many minutes the security company phones us, asks if they should send police. So far we've said not needed it was the cat. That's been fixed the cat doesn't set it off anymore.

Annette

Latest posts