Call 1-800-COM-PLAIN

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
WTFlippin' Ninjas!!!???
Baymule, I am SO SORRY this is happening to you! How do you keep from going to pieces and then staying that way? I would need some serious meds)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay do you think you can get premission to put up some beware of dog signs? A friend who lives alone got a giant dog bowl painted name fang on it and put it by her door. Never had any trouble.
We can do nothing until we sign on the dotted line. Nothing. Not even supposed to be on the property without the real estate agent. But the THEIVES can run amok! :he

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think I would let that deter me from putting up a few signs. Maybe a "This area is under camera surveillance" sign, while you are at it. If it is deserted enough for thieves to make off with all that, no one is going to say anything about you sticking some signs in the ground.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
COMPLAIN! COMPLAIN! COMPLAIN!
GLOOM DESPAIR AND AGONY ON ME!!!

Will this ever stop? Thieves have broken into the house, stolen the heating unit inside and the AC unit outside. :barnie And HUD will allow us the grand total of ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS for replacement costs. Yep! ONE THOUSAND BIG ONES! :rantWhat freaking planet are they from anyway? :somad What store does HUD shop at because that's where I want to buy my stuff!:tongue I even wrote a letter, pleading our case about these damages from the wiring being ripped out, the breaker box, plumbing and NOW the heating and AC unit!:he And the reply I got was "as is" and a $1000 credit off the purchase price. Only thing is, "as is" isn't the same as "as WAS" when we bid on it. They suck.

So I separated emotion, anger, disgust and crunched numbers. I added up purchase price, closing costs, repairs-ALL of them, fence and gate across the front, several other expenses---and STILL came in at 40K to 60K under market value. It is still a super good buy, but it just makes me so darn ANGRY!!! FRUSTRATED!!!

Then there is still the lender and their daily assignments..... with this new wrinkle, they can't appraise the house until they get some stupid form from HUD detailing the new damage. And they no longer want all the repair bids they made me get. Now they want a contractor to give a bid for repairing all of it. :smack

I just sent off $375 for ANOTHER extension, plus the $20 overnight fee. :th And we probably won't make it under the wire on this one either!

I feel like I am in a marathon race and just as I get within sight of the finish line, the rules change and I get sent back to START OVER! :barnie

The house is still on real estate web site ads and it shows an empty house. Empty. Deserted. Nobody there. Easy mark. Easy to steal from. What next? Ripping out the walls for the copper wiring left from the first two thieving strikes? At least they could take the stupid ads down off the net.
:barnie:he :rant :somad :tongue
I like you glass half full attitude. I don't know if this is correct. I would think you can at least claim the loss on your taxes.Photograph all the damage. Unfortuntely it is unlikely that you have photos of before but perhaps the seller/bank does. The chances of being audited are nil a tax attorney can tell you what to do.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sure the bank has insurance on the property. They just do not want to bother doing the work to help you. The damage should be covered. Have you real estate attorney do the work on that.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like you glass half full attitude. I don't know if this is correct. I would think you can at least claim the loss on your taxes.Photograph all the damage. Unfortuntely it is unlikely that you have photos of before but perhaps the seller/bank does. The chances of being audited are nil a tax attorney can tell you what to do.
IRS tax audits are selected by computer and any anomaly from the norm in then sent to audit. In this case of a claim of loss , a RED FLAG would be generated and one can expect a letter of greetings and an invitation to an audit party. Also, a Real Estate Attorney is mostly an East Coast thing. In Cal. and Wa. States, where I own properties, transactions are handled through RE brokers and escrow is handled by Title Companies. Once you have legal title to the property ... for Real Estate legal matters one should consult an Attorney that specializes in Real Estate. (One of my son's father in law specializes in Agricultural Water Rights ( owns a law practice and employs 12 attorneys ) only, while his brother and sister in law specializes in Business/ Corporate issues). Some tax attorneys as well as tax preparers will try to make you happy by filling returns that they do NOT confirm the facts ( just on your say so as in monkey see, monkey do) and gladly take your money.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sure the bank has insurance on the property. They just do not want to bother doing the work to help you. The damage should be covered. Have you real estate attorney do the work on that.
We are not dealing with a bank, this is a HUD foreclosure, we are dealing with one of our marvelously inefficient gooberment official offices. They have their rules....... that apply to us peons........

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Go put up signs hidden camera beware of dog place them all over then play dumb, you have no idea how the signs got there. On the off chance you are caught putting signs up , what can they really do?