Changing things up.....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Every year I plant several containers for one of my clients. I really wanted to do something more unusual this year. I love flowers but feel like I'm in a rut....
so I stopped by a little nursery today that specializes in bedding plants.
Just "to look" and get ideas....NYboy knows where I'm heading! :lol:

Yeah, walked out with about 3 flats of plants!

So tell me if this sounds like it will be weird because when I get going sometimes I can't tell.

I thought it would be fun to plant the two containers bracing the entry walk with an "olfactory" theme. So for the thriller I picked up Pineapple sage for it's red blooms and yummy foliage. Then I got two lavenders with interesting foliage that will be tall, but shorter than the Pineapple sage. They are a French lavender and a Jagged lavender. I'll plug in tricolor sage, purple sage, Berggarten sage, and apple mint. Around the edge the trailers will be orange mint, allyssum, and a Supertunia "White Russian. Hopefully passersby will want to touch them and get the benefit of the fragrance.
Or it could be a dud and they'll never trust me to do their entry pots ever again! :oops:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love the idea. I am with Bay and would LOVE for you to come plant mine! ;) I don't even mind pots without blooms I like interesting foliage.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a few elephantear bulbs because of a photo you posted of clients container you did. I want to give area around hot tub a tropical feel.

Last edited:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, you need some banana plants to go with your tropical feel. When leafed out well, the wind whips the big fragile leaves into strands that can pass for palm trees.
Oh, and Thistle, I think the Olfactory theme sounds great. How big are the containers?

Latest posts