Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Neighbor Chase coming over in a few minutes to help trim feet and worm Lucy and Eve. Going to wean Eves lamb and turn her in with Cooper the ram. Lucy is already bred. When Chase is ready for them, they can go to their new home. Our joke is that for all the help he’s given me, I’m paying him in sheep. He’s going to pick out a chocolate ram too, but they are still not old enough for weaning.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Trying like mad to get Fen to sleep a little longer. This 5 am breakfast call Fen has is wiping me out for the rest of the day. Something about being awakened eRly makes me incredibly fatigued for the entire day. So far, no luck. And now he wants dessert every meal. I squirt some peanut butter in a beef cheek roll and that shuts him up for awhile.
I want to be awake enough to fix breakfast. Jalapeño eggs this morning and sourdough waffles tomorrow. That is, IF i can wake up!

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Morning all! Savage had me up at 1:30 because he had to go potty and wanted to finish his dinner from last night. I tried to take a nap after FH left for work this AM but couldn't get comfortable enough to doze off. I slept wrong last night so now my neck hurts and is very stiff (feels like I've had it in a neck brace for a long time). All this week Savage has gotten me up way too early and I so wish he would sleep in so I could but it's very rare (mostly when FH is out of town and I take them out just before I go to bed between 9-10). When FH is home he says they went out around 7 so they're good until morning and they have to learn to hold it.
This AM (around 4:30) when I had Savage out it's a good thing he wasn't paying attention and he was on a leash seeing how there was a DOE walking down the road like she owned it. She jumped when she sensed the dog and I and took off. I have seen deer in the town in neighbors yards where I live but never expected to see one actually walking down the road. I was also startled almost 💩 myself! LoL

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i woke up early this morning too about 5am. wasn't able to get back to sleep.

Mom had a bag of carrots i was supposed to scrub and shred for carrot cakes so at 6am i got up and started in on those. she needed six cups for two batches (she adds extra carrots) so i divided the carrots in half when shredded and had two bowls evenly divided and put them in the fridge with a small plate turned over to keep the shredded carrots somewhat covered. i mentioned that she may need a spoon or knife to get the plates off of them (note i used the word plates there). and then i made fake coffee and had a blueberry corn muffin. laid back down and a few minutes later decided i could go back to sleep for a bit so told Mom i was going to nap.

woke up a few minutes ago and was getting ready to do something else and Mom says "I didn't know there were two bowls of carrots!" so she only used the top one and didn't notice the other one right below it that it was stacked on top.

so i guess i get to make some kind of carrot salad today and will eat it that ways, i like diced onions, vinegar and sweet dressing, peanuts, (i'd make the dressing less sweet if we had raisins, but we don't have any) and probably a squirt of hot sauce - the bacon i make right when i'm ready to eat it since i like it crunchy and not soggy in this salad.

scrubbing and shredding carrots is a lot of work so i am not too happy that i did all that work and it wasn't used... oh well. the carrot cakes are yummy though as she makes the cream cheese frosting using not very much powdered sugar so it isn't super sweet and she puts crushed pineapple in the carrot cake so it's moist enough to be considered a pudding more than a cake.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was up this morning at 2:40.

Why? Because there was a moth in the living room smoke detector. BEEP ... bdteep ... bb bbleep ... eep ... BLPP!

THIS happened once years ago but, of course, I'm imagining that it is just because I'm being too frugal and not replacing batteries on my birthday for the 3 detectors. So, I'm climbing on the step ladder and touch the cover and out he comes !

Two errands this AM but I've had the fly swatter at hand whenever I sit down in the lazyboy hoping he will show up on a window or something.Of course, the 30 minutes I drifted off and then, I may not be able to stay awake after lunch. ... Should have a service dog to let me know about anything flying around.

Latest posts