Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
being respectful of water is always wise. it has a lot of energy when moving or at rest. we're a good percentage of water ourselves. Mom always has to tell anyone of how afraid of water i was as a kid, but i think most of it was that i did not like cold water. when left to my own devices i'd be making waterfalls and dams and draining puddles just to see the water flow and the patterns it made in the sand as it moved.

in an hour they should be able to learn how to float and a few other basics. yes, always have a vest on.
My mother never learned to swim and DH's mother and dad did not know how to swim. When DD was about 7, we were traveling and stopped at a motel with a pool and DH and the kids went in. DH was carrying DS and DD was following, but the water got over her head and she started the struggling and panicking. I jumped up and started towards her and DH saw and turned around and got her and carried both kids out. That might be part of her problem about water, but really she has never been where water is over her head and she wades around in water. It will be interesting to see what she thinks about it on Friday.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning all! Happy WEDNESDAY!!!! 1/2way through the week even though I know for some of us there is no beginning or end to a week. Here we are heading into the final days/weeks of July and slowly edging towards Autumn which means cooler weather. I'm really hoping that this winter we'll have snow!!!!! Yup, I said that word already so who's going to be the first one to yell at me for bringing it up this soon.
I don't use a vest when I go into water. I love dunking my head into the water when I am in a bathtub (which I currently don't have) but get me into a lake and the only time I'll even think about getting my head wet is when it's shallow enough for me to sit down and lay back. As long as my feet can touch the bottom I'm good with water but the minute I can't I also start to freak and panic. I do hold onto a "floatie" and sometimes that doesn't even stop me from sensing impending doom if my feet aren't touching bottom. I have tried to relax, bring my legs up so I can float but I get scared and have to lower them right back down. The thing that gets me is I can't figure out why I'm so afraid of water like that seeing how when I was little I did learn how to doggy paddle in water and I mastered that too.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning all! Happy WEDNESDAY!!!! 1/2way through the week even though I know for some of us there is no beginning or end to a week. Here we are heading into the final days/weeks of July and slowly edging towards Autumn which means cooler weather. I'm really hoping that this winter we'll have snow!!!!! Yup, I said that word already so who's going to be the first one to yell at me for bringing it up this soon.

@Carol Dee? Sur le pont! (French for "On deck!" :) )

I don't use a vest when I go into water. I love dunking my head into the water when I am in a bathtub (which I currently don't have) but get me into a lake and the only time I'll even think about getting my head wet is when it's shallow enough for me to sit down and lay back. As long as my feet can touch the bottom I'm good with water but the minute I can't I also start to freak and panic. I do hold onto a "floatie" and sometimes that doesn't even stop me from sensing impending doom if my feet aren't touching bottom. I have tried to relax, bring my legs up so I can float but I get scared and have to lower them right back down. The thing that gets me is I can't figure out why I'm so afraid of water like that seeing how when I was little I did learn how to doggy paddle in water and I mastered that too.

that's not as bad a point to work from as some people. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gid Moaning.

Just kidding. Goood Morning! I'm not on a rigid schedule with pay for work at risk. Still, there are appointments made, Activities of Daily Living, pleasures, productive tasks and The Sun Also Rises.

I find it somewhat surprising that some folks are content to live their lives without regard, or little regard, to seasons and the daily passing of the sun above them. It seems to me that one would be somewhat divorced from Nature, at the very least.

Time for breakfast! First load of laundry will be needing to come out of the machine, soon!

;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm going to have to get out and finish mowing and then this afternoon is garden club meeting so a more hectic day than usual.

first of all had to get the car from the mechanic. $$$ of course, but it had to be done. a car without brakes or wheel bearings isn't going to go far very well. 13yr old car so it will need work on some things from time to time now. $$$ was much much less than new car...

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I probably had a slight fear of water as a kid, but when we moved to Colorado I look back and realize I took way too many chances. We swam in the river and I remember diving in and we also floated in tubes down the river. My brother recently told me that he and his friend would swim across the lake and nobody knew they were doing that. They were supposed to be fishing. I remember him taking DS out in a boat he made when DS was about 8. He put a vest on DS but I have pictures of my brother with no vest in a lake in Idaho and he thinks he can do anything, so no way he would put a vest on. I am afraid now to swim over my head and I think that is my age and lack of condition and I know I am not safe. DH swam way out into the middle of a lake once and scared me. He could swim like a fish and no telling him to put a vest on and these are the kinds of people who drown here in the cold Idaho lakes and rivers. They take chances.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had my coffee. Getting ready to blanch and freeze beans. I have been busy with my Etsy and eBay stores listing things. I need to get out and pick more beans and see what else there is. Cherry tomatoes are starting to turn red. I went to a thrift store with DD and the kids the other day and found Evelyn a pair of new shoes with tags for $3. I almost bought shoes at Walmart, same kind, but when I was there I was not sure of her size. I also bought a dress off eBay from a friend that was used but perfect shape. I got it for her birthday, but when it arrived I did not think it was going to be big enough, so I went ahead and gave it to her early to try on and it fits perfect. She was up early this morning with the dress and shoes and DD took her picture on the swing. I am so happy that dress fits.
July 19 Evelynx.jpg

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had my coffee. Getting ready to blanch and freeze beans. I have been busy with my Etsy and eBay stores listing things. I need to get out and pick more beans and see what else there is. Cherry tomatoes are starting to turn red. I went to a thrift store with DD and the kids the other day and found Evelyn a pair of new shoes with tags for $3. I almost bought shoes at Walmart, same kind, but when I was there I was not sure of her size. I also bought a dress off eBay from a friend that was used but perfect shape. I got it for her birthday, but when it arrived I did not think it was going to be big enough, so I went ahead and gave it to her early to try on and it fits perfect. She was up early this morning with the dress and shoes and DD took her picture on the swing. I am so happy that dress fits. View attachment 58900
Aww, she's cute, and the dress and matching shoes look perfect on her!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm going to have to get out and finish mowing and then this afternoon is garden club meeting so a more hectic day than usual.

first of all had to get the car from the mechanic. $$$ of course, but it had to be done. a car without brakes or wheel bearings isn't going to go far very well. 13yr old car so it will need work on some things from time to time now. $$$ was much much less than new car...

and i have to say that after driving it this afternoon it is like driving a whole new car. it's much more quiet than it was before and the brakes work (which is also very nice :) ).

Last edited:

Latest posts