Coffee

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
images

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@heirloomgal seems to have posted an internet address in German this morning. But, I was curious about the book under the coffee cup and its title.

Google tells us that it is "darkness" in Polish. Yes, the outdoors is no longer brightening at 4:15 AM, here. So early, even with the daylight savings but, nowhere close now that it is Autumn. Cloudy, and daylight is now about 2 hours later!

Wwaaa! How are we gonna deal with this? And, it is 42°f (6°C). What is with these September chilly mornings? How can we possibly adjust?

Stevie

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Went to the farmers market the day before yesterday and stocked up on soft dog treats, CBD dog treats, bread, apples, and apple cider doughnuts, everything homemade or homegrown. These past two days the doughnuts were just begging for coffee to dunk them in. My stomach doesn't like coffee these days, but the taste overshadows the pain! (EDITED to fix my dyslexic mistake in last sentence.)

Last edited:

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
6fff5f85a6152758496ed7ea87eba84f.jpg

It's all by the coffee pot so brew you a cup or a glass of iced coffee. I'm about to go on my 2nd cup. Waiting on FH to get up so we can start storm clean up- NOTHING MAJOR just a few small branches, twigs, pine cones/needles but when I was outside just before day break it was still misting (more like a drizzle).
@digitS' I think you mean me seeing how I went back and looked there was nothing from @heirloomgal. I didn't know about the book title but I thought the picture I posted was cute. I apologize if I posted something that offended anyone.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

The German may have been Danish and was text on a link in another thread. The title of the book in your coffee post: MROK seemed like such a strange word that I had Google check it.

Mrok is Polish for "darkness."

That is appropriate for the first full day of Autumn. It is a harbinger of what is coming, especially in my location (north of the northern most point in the US state of Maine). I don't understand how @Alasgun survives the Winter in good mental health. The absence of light at his latitude would drive me crazy!

Steve.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good Morning.

The German may have been Danish and was text on a link in another thread. The title of the book in your coffee post: MROK seemed like such a strange word that I had Google check it.

Mrok is Polish for "darkness."

That is appropriate for the first full day of Autumn. It is a harbinger of what is coming, especially in my location (north of the northern most point in the US state of Maine). I don't understand how @Alasgun survives the Winter in good mental health. The absence of light at his latitude would drive me crazy!

Steve.
My wife is from Maine. Her Dad's second career of 3 was as a Maine State Trooper. He would tell some tales. Like chasing cars and seeing them disappear into a snowbank when they failed to make a turn. Or the time they shot the tires off a car and only put one bullet in the car body. They were something else.

Last edited:

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am trying different ideas of Tiramisu-type sweets for my shop. This strawberry-misu is the third trial and it's so good.
View attachment 60708

It's so perfect for anyone who doesn't want to use oven, clean a lot of utensils, or read through a lot of details in a recipe.

Please refer to any Tiramisu recipe, I improvised this when I got a small box of fresh, local strawberries from the supermarket.

I just:
1. replaced black coffee with the mixture of fresh strawberry and Advocaat and used the liquid to quickly soak the ladyfinger cookies.
2. used heavy cream, Mascarpone cheese, freeze-dried strawberry powder, and honey to create the cream layer. I didn't use eggs at all, too much troubles without critical enhancement imo.
3. let it sit in the fridge for at least 24 hours - it won't taste good otherwise.
4. It's the same freeze-dried strawberry powder on the top and some 90% bitter chocolate. I guess, the normal dehydrated strawberries can be used to make similar powder, or just use sliced/diced strawberries to create different finishing.

View attachment 60709
Wow that looks really good! I want to sink my teeth into it! 😋

Latest posts