Cottage Garden Help.... :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hattie where were you while I was planning my garden last year... I rarely found a good cottage garden photo at all! ;)

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Crunchie :frow

I've found you another site; this one is a blog. so you can follow it. [ I knew I had it somewhere but I couldn't remember where I had stored it -- OLD AGE!!! :old :idunno]
It shows a real cottage garden if you scroll down a bit

http://joanne-orangecottages.blogspot.com/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

robbobbin, :frow

I love cottage gardens in courtyards I've always wanted one.

In my last house I had a large cottage garden with borders that were 20ft deep& 35ft long plus a vegetable parterre, a large sot fruit cage, a large pond, herb garden & about 16 apple trees & a vast collection of roses & clematis. So I had a lot of practice at propagating plants for it.
At that time I travelled a lot, designing sets & costumes for ballet companies across the world & I used to come back laden down with packets of seeds & occasionally cuttings from friends' gardens. They often took me to visit beautiful gardens & nurseries in the various countries.
When I was working in the US I used to stay over at the end of a project & go off in a hired car exploring for 2-3 weeks! :cool:
I count myself blessed for having been able to spend my work life doing something I loved & being able to see so much & meet so many kind & wonderful people! :celebrate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wifezilla, :frow
Thank you! :rainbow-sun I hope you like this one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vfem, :frow

I only bought my laptop at the end of last year after I really recovered from being sick. It was my present to myself for pulling through! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAPPY GARDENING EVERYONE. :tools :tools :tools

:rose Hattie :rose

Crunchie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks for all of those wonderful links, Hattie! So many great ideas out there...and CityChook, your gardens are beautiful!

So, I have planted a couple of things here and there, but haven't done too much yet. I do have some pictures of the area that I took the other day.

Excuse the huge mess, we had all sorts of stuff spread around as we worked! :lol:

This is the area that I'm going to fill with flowers:

5003_dsc_2051.jpg

5003_dsc_2052.jpg

And here's the other side of the walkway, which I want to be cottage garden-ish with veggies (the two wooden things are the start of a couple of trellises for limas and pole beans). Again, excuse the mess. The mess in the front is some primrose that sprang up out of nowhere (it really is a mystery--we've been here 12 years and I've never planted it!) and pumpkins that sprouted from last year's halloween decoration. :lol: I figured I'd let the pumpkins stay because there is room there and my son would enjoy it if the vines actually produced a pumpkin or two. Oh, and a couple of huge clumps of daylillies waiting to be divided....hehe.

5003_dsc_2050.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Crunchie said:
Thanks for all of those wonderful links, Hattie! So many great ideas out there...and CityChook, your gardens are beautiful!

So, I have planted a couple of things here and there, but haven't done too much yet. I do have some pictures of the area that I took the other day.

Excuse the huge mess, we had all sorts of stuff spread around as we worked! :lol:

This is the area that I'm going to fill with flowers:

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/5003_dsc_2051.jpg
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/5003_dsc_2052.jpg

And here's the other side of the walkway, which I want to be cottage garden-ish with veggies (the two wooden things are the start of a couple of trellises for limas and pole beans). Again, excuse the mess. The mess in the front is some primrose that sprang up out of nowhere (it really is a mystery--we've been here 12 years and I've never planted it!) and pumpkins that sprouted from last year's halloween decoration. :lol: I figured I'd let the pumpkins stay because there is room there and my son would enjoy it if the vines actually produced a pumpkin or two. Oh, and a couple of huge clumps of daylillies waiting to be divided....hehe.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/5003_dsc_2050.jpg
Wow... nature just randomly blessed you and got you started... that is so awesome!!! I think its going to be wildly wonderful!!!

Good work so far... I know making a mess to make things nice is actually hard work that never seems to end.