Couple of blooms!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey @skeeter9 , is that a corgi in your avatar? Are they really as great as I've heard? Every now and then I daydream a bit about getting to actually PICK out a purebred puppy (instead of being adopted by whatever last wandered down the road) and what breed I would like. Corgie's have been a favorite but I've never actually met one 'in the fur'.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, yes, canesisters, corgis are wonderful dogs. Very smart, intuitive, funny, tons of personality, . . . I could go on forever. We love all of our dogs (all adopted mutts except him), but I will always have at least one corgi! This isn't the best pic of him -guess I should update my avatar.

Katie, the warm weather was great but it's been over a hundred for several days now. UGH'!!

Thistle, that's exactly what I told him! Silly man! The Clem is General Sikorski. I absolutely love it and apparently it is hardy because it has been dug up several times and chewed to pieces by the dogs, but it just keeps coming back!

Ninny, I'm terrible at the pic thing so I'm not surprised if you had to stand on your head to see them! Some day I'll get the hang of it. :)

Thanks, Baymule. At least some things grow in our nasty soil and blasted heat!

kathiesgarden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Over 100! Yikes!! We're in the 70's and 80's which is nice working weather. I don't do much in over 100 degree weather. It didn't used to bother me, but now...

I have been up to my neck setting out all the starts from the greenhouse. I lost a few zinnias so have been working on the watering system. I use a lot of 'spot' waterers and drip lines. Every year I find out that I have some failures and have to repair or move the lines. I like it, though because I enjoy being independent with my watering system. I like your tag line 'at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt'. That's Spring for me!

Hope your weather moderates a little.

Kathie