Cucumber recall

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pickled Kale! Sounds interesting. But maybe not the taste I was going for in a smoothie.
I think I read somewhere that produce from Mexico was less likely to be contaminated than some of the South American countries, but I can't remember which ones. I don't want to libel anyone needlessly. Certainly produce or anything else from China might be suspect for shortcuts to have been taken.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Daughter was in the hospital with E-coli for three days after playing with self-cures for nearly two weeks. She thought it was "just the flu". Ended up with bladder infection, kidney infection, and the infection had gotten into her blood by the time she decided she'd had enough and went to the doctor. Very serious!

She had eaten at a fast food restaurant with her son and got sick four hours after the meal. Just the right time-frame for the hospital staff to suspect she got the E-coli there. Not gonna mention the place.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was at a restaurant with a friend who has serious health problems. They asked the waitress if the dressing for ceaser salad had raw egg in it. She replied that is gross, I don't think so but will ask. She was very surprised to find out the dressing was made with raw egg. I think half the time people don't even know what they are eating.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
if that waitress is going to be a professional she should learn to not make comments like that. It shows that a lot of people don't know what they are serving either, let alone what they are eating. Some things I consider gross others consider delicacies.

My son and his wife were in the service industry in New Orleans, started when they were in high school and continued through college and after. They learned that craft but both went back to school and became teachers. They wanted a more stabled environment to raise kids. They wound up taking a pretty big pay cut when they quit the service industry and went to work as teachers but to them it was worth it. The point is that we think of wait staff and such as low-paid amateurs. Many of them are. But if you learn the craft well enough to be able to get the good jobs in the right places you can do pretty well. So before you believe what the wait staff says about your food kind of get an idea of their professionalism.

Red that kind of reminds me of a story about an ex-girlfriend that went on a date to a nice restaurant when I was overseas in the army. She had the fish and had to go to the emergency room later that night. Her family took her, not her date. There was no question what got her sick and that was a "nice" restaurant. I don't know why but your post reminded me of that episode.

My wife's father worked in the health department. Part of his job involved restaurants. He knew the inspection results. There were certain nice popular restaurants that he would never take his family to while some that some people considered dives were OK on his list. You can't tell by looking at the front and eating area what goes on in the kitchen and storage areas.

It's a good life if you don't weaken.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
About 20 years ago, I sold a colt to a very pretty young gal with a very bubbly personality , who worked at a nice restaurant as a cocktail waitress. She worked for minimum wage plus tips. She took home way over $4,000 dollars per month. Three years later, she and her husband chef opened up their own restaurant/ cocktail lounge. More than tripled their income. :th
if that waitress is going to be a professional she should learn to not make comments like that. It shows that a lot of people don't know what they are serving either, let alone what they are eating. Some things I consider gross others consider delicacies.

My son and his wife were in the service industry in New Orleans, started when they were in high school and continued through college and after. They learned that craft but both went back to school and became teachers. They wanted a more stabled environment to raise kids. They wound up taking a pretty big pay cut when they quit the service industry and went to work as teachers but to them it was worth it. The point is that we think of wait staff and such as low-paid amateurs. Many of them are. But if you learn the craft well enough to be able to get the good jobs in the right places you can do pretty well. So before you believe what the wait staff says about your food kind of get an idea of their professionalism.

Red that kind of reminds me of a story about an ex-girlfriend that went on a date to a nice restaurant when I was overseas in the army. She had the fish and had to go to the emergency room later that night. Her family took her, not her date. There was no question what got her sick and that was a "nice" restaurant. I don't know why but your post reminded me of that episode.

My wife's father worked in the health department. Part of his job involved restaurants. He knew the inspection results. There were certain nice popular restaurants that he would never take his family to while some that some people considered dives were OK on his list. You can't tell by looking at the front and eating area what goes on in the kitchen and storage areas.

It's a good life if you don't weaken.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
people need to look at the health dept report card/or rating before they sit down and eat...
back in june a local bbq restaurant had an outbreak of salmonella 1 person died and 248 got sick... well that place is off our list and we love bbq

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Another salmonella outbreak here, linked to Chipotle .... Kare11

They don't mention issues in other States or which food, just that they have pulled the suspect produce item.

Latest posts