Cut Flowers

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a week or so short of 7 months.

Seven months of tender loving care from someone who usually ends up with plant toast in very short order. An African violet I purchased at the same time is still alive and amazingly in flower again. That is so hard to believe in my world.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a week or so short of 7 months.

Seven months of tender loving care from someone who usually ends up with plant toast in very short order. An African violet I purchased at the same time is still alive and amazingly in flower again. That is so hard to believe in my world.
I usually dismal failures with African Violets. My orchid has one bloom left. I bought it months after you got Alex. So you must be doing something right. Good Job. :)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
The real test is getting a orchid to rebloom. There is a nursery here that will board your orchid then call you to pick up when it is ready to flower. it is very expensive a client did it for a orchid her kids gave her.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right, Carol Dee, you got yours in April.

Restraint and neglect is what worked for me. I restrained myself from watering the plants when dry. I watered ONLY on Sunday and never let water sit in the pots. Then I neglected them the rest of the week. They are in the dining room in a North window. Must like it there.
African violet.JPG

I have never had an African violet live long enough to re-bloom for me. This is a first. I bought it the same day I bought Alex. It was in flower. Then the blooms faded. This flowering is better than it was when purchased.

I have Larisa's directions for orchid re-blooming on my profile page. Didn't want to lose it for just this point in time.