Dahlias

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sorry...I don't have any other photos of my Fringed "laciniated" varieties...The White one is "Tsuki Yori No Shisha"...I have a very dark red one called "Kenora Macop-B"....a red with yellow tips called.."Show-n-Tell"...and another orangeish and purple blend called "Myrtle's Folly".....I haven't checked to see how many of these I have or if I'll have extras of these or not....The basement is wall to wall Dahlia tubers....all labeled and marked....just a bit cramped down there right now....I'll know better what I have next month....when I can open the big outside doors to the basement and let more light in and when the weather is better...still soooooo cold here.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
hehe! you'll be very busy this spring with all your planting! let me know when you are ready to sell a few!

i was actually referring to the flower or Millie Fleur pattern of the hen! i love the look of it and would love to figure out how to get that into the favs but it will take some generations and crossing another breed into their lines to get it.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I would use Mille Fleur d'Uccles as a cross to your Faverolles...both are bearded and have single combs.....d'Uccles have blue legs and when crossed to your white legged birds will only produce white legs...some will carry the blue legged gene though. The five toes should pop up in the first generation......just a thought....it would be a neat project.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm already working on one color project with my favs-cuckoo! my 1st gen roo got the cuckoo color, the 5 toes and white shanks but didn't get a really full beard-but he does have everything going for him to help the project!

i do have a splashed millie fleur d'uccle roo (aka: golden neck) but i need to limit the roos i keep to a minimum and he may have to go. :/ when i got him as a chick last fall i thought he was going to be a cochin. i like the fav roos for their friendliness and this d'uccle is just not as friendly as i would like to keep in my project.

i don't have tons of extra room on 1/2 an acre to have many chickens and roos, and keep my gardens too :lol:

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey there! I would be VERY interested in some more unique varieties if you have them. I love them for cutting and am having to start my collection over.

Have a website?

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I found a few more photos of my Dahlia varieties....this is "Gute Laune"....
7566_dahlias_8_30_2009_077.jpg
7566_dahlias_8_30_2009_086.jpg
This is "Nonette".....
7566_dahlias_8_30_2009_096.jpg
This is ...."Worton Blue streak".....

scotexpat

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Rusty your Dahlias are amazing! I got my love of Dahlias from my Grandmother,her whole Garden in England was filled with them.I went there on a few visits from Bonny Scotland where I come from. and the sight of that Garden never left me.I am now going to try and get as many Dahlia's in my new Garden as I can,I'm drooling at yours.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks, My Grandmother was the one who introduced me to Dahlias....I always called them her "Giant" flowers. I'm hoping to plant about 2,200 this year....about 150 varieties. I hope you do get some Dahlias and enjoy them as much as I have all these years.
7566_dahlias_8_30_2009_052.jpg

scotexpat

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Wow!!! those Dahlia's are just stunning, and what an amazing size,I hope I can grow something that just might resemble those beauties.