Dirty feet!!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
An outdoor shower in the middle of a patch of wildflowers surrounded by a trellis loaded with morning glory vines....that would be so freaking awesome!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh geez... you are NOT helpful...

In fact you have just convinced me to try to convince hubby that I need a shower outside in our backyard over the summer. Even if its just a hose propped up against the back of the house with a tiny deck to stand on surround by trellis and lots of GORGEOUS morning glories...

You are killing me Wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smack

Off to draw up plans...........

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
You know...all I would need are a few paving stones for the floor...there is a pea gravel area right by the hose....
Ooooh, ok... you make one first and share photos!!! LOL

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh this has been an eternal problem for me. I always end up gardening in flip flops. The dirt gets ground into the callouses. I have resolved this year to always put on socks and sneakers. Oh, and speaking of the beach, a day at the beach really cleans up the feet and reduces the callouses.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I my yard is straight up and down and I do a LOT of digging and hauling of gravel and compost and dirt and and and (it seems everything I need for the top is always at the bottom!!!) ...gardening for me is like hiking up and down a mountain side and would break my neck if I worked in crocks or flip flops (I tried and fell) and they do not push the shovel in as well as nice heavy duty boots ...so I lotion my feet put socks on and wear work boots..I have nice soft clean feet with painted toenails :)... however I also wear shorts so now I have an interesting leg tan when I wear shorts and flip flops out someplace! Bright white feet are so attractive with pink toenails!

my hands however are trashed even though I wear latex inside my garden gloves I stil manage to have dirt in my nails! and I am a nurse so it looks like heck to go to work with dirty hands!

for keeping your feet clean I really think socks in crocks work best just some cheap pairs then lotion before you go out and the dirt does not stick even if it gets in your socks

other than that I agree if you work hard in the garden and it bugs the husband then have a wonderful pedicure :)

nice reward for all that hard work!

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am seriously allergic to Stings-so I always wear shoes/crocs, and HATE dirty feet, so ugly or not-I wear socks!

Latest posts