Done planting!!! How is your garden growing???

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
agree Velum!! I wish I :bee had the room for sorguhm, I only planted 8 corns that is all the room I could give up and I planted them in the bean area!! :bouquet
they are companions!! I will harvest my first bag of spuds tomorrow and I will try to post photos!!!

missourigirl11

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It has been to cold and the rain just won't let up here so I have yet to plant anything in my garden. I have a lot of plants that are coming up that I had planted in my green house.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The1honeycomb, you really should tell folks again about how you started those potatoes in your basement.

And, how you talk your husband into carrying out the bags on every nice day thru late winter!

:cool:

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow.... I'm starting to get ideas from why I saves ALL those feed bags! AWESOME!

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
The1honeycomb, you really should tell folks again about how you started those potatoes in your basement.

And, how you talk your husband into carrying out the bags on every nice day thru late winter!

:cool:

Steve
HA!! Steve In Feb. I save all the feed bags from my Chickens in Feb some of my potatoes started to grow so I rolled the bags down in half, put about 10+ inches of compost in and planted my spuds. watered once a week and placed them by the window in the basement. when they started to grow more vigorously and the weather was nice I had my husband carry the bags about 12 out and put them on the wall by my stairs. I had recently had surgery so I couldn't carry them myself. I had great potato plants before the frost was gone! we (DH) carried the bags back into the basement every evening before the weather started to cool down. The plants are blooming now and I will be able to harvest I keep putting it off until the store bought spuds are used up!!! However I planted 3 new bags of Yukon Gold yesterday evening!!! and I have several bags that I continue to plant I average 2 bags a week and plan to have enough Yukon, Blue, and REd potatoes for the winter!!!

:weee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That just seems like such a good idea, 1honeycomb! Kind of bags of spuds held in reserve.

The only thing is that packing around. Compost is lighter than dirt, at least.

I think you should have DH carrying them around the yard a little during the summer, tho'. You know - just to keep him in shape.

Steve :cool:

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
That just seems like such a good idea, 1honeycomb! Kind of bags of spuds held in reserve.

The only thing is that packing around. Compost is lighter than dirt, at least.

I think you should have DH carrying them around the yard a little during the summer, tho'. You know - just to keep him in shape.

Steve :cool:
:yuckyuck :lol: he said no!;(