Early tomatoes

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, that is what they look like- but I will bet they are the rare miniature peppers- that is just the size they grow for Jack!!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Are they Giant Marconi, Jack?

Steve
Two are Marconi and one is Corno Di Toro. I think that they taste pretty much the same. I am not a real fan of peppers, but, I could eat these every day because they are so mild. The Coro Di Toro is from seed that I saved and the Marconi is a hybrid.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
Steve, that is what they look like- but I will bet they are the rare miniature peppers- that is just the size they grow for Jack!!
Lesa, funny you should mention miniature vegetables. I am growing a miniature eggplant for my four year old granddaughter Ava, who is also my greenhouse assistant. We started the seed on May 17th and in only a month it is flowering. It is supposed to have three or four inch eggplant which can be eaten whole. This I have to see!

ep.jpg

Here is my assistant starting seeds in moist coffee filters. I have learned not to fight the battle of the loose hair unless it is critical. :lol:

seeds2.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I remember your little helper! She is adorable. What a lovely gift to pass on the her- the love of gardening. Special memories...
I've seen those little eggplants- I don't really like eggplant, but those are so darn cute- I might make an exception!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
A few years ago miniature vegetables were a craze and I bought some seeds but never used them. I have miniature pepper and tomato seeds. The tomato plants are supposed to be eight inches high when fully grown. I have never seen the eggplant, but the purple flowers will delight my assistant for sure. :cool:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are we supposed to be gardening like Jack? His stuff is always beautiful and healthy. Jack do you EVER have the problems that we do? :rolleyes:

By the way, I love that loose hair! But then..I like kids just the way they are. :)

Mary

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Are we supposed to be gardening like Jack? His stuff is always beautiful and healthy. Jack do you EVER have the problems that we do? :rolleyes:

By the way, I love that loose hair! But then..I like kids just the way they are. :)

Mary
Mary,

I have been growing hydroponically for quite sometime, and pretty much have it down so that I really don't have any problems. Indoors I have total control over the environment, lighting and nutrients and never have a problem. The greenhouse is more difficult with the changing weather and seasons. Not having soil is a major factor in insect control, and, my assistant and I avoid any contact with plants around the property before entering the greenhouse as a precaution. Most likely dumb luck enters into the equation also. ;)

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
jackb said:
Stubbornhillfarm said:
jackb, I don't like tomatoes. Gasp!!! However, I am growing them. But my goodness, that is one beautiful tomatoe you have there! Nice picture.
It is unusual to find a gardener who does not like tomatoes! Perhaps you like sweet peppers. I am picking some early to encourage the plants to produce more. :rolleyes:

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/hydrogardener/peppers.jpg
Sweet peppers, sure! And with picture like that, you are sure to win over a few foks. As far as tomatoes go...I like them in a soup, a sauce, in salsa. Just not as the whole tomato (cooked or raw) or sliced on a sandwich, etc. I love the smell of the leaves and I think they're beautiful to look at!

Congratulations on your glorious veggies! I look forward to more picutres.

brandylorton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I am also looking forward for more information and pictures on that as it has helped me a lot in growing the chillies so hope for the best an wish me luck and provide info if you can.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Stubbornhillfarm said:
jackb, I don't like tomatoes. Gasp!!! However, I am growing them. But my goodness, that is one beautiful tomatoe you have there! Nice picture.
Dont like tomatoes? I am sure you like salsa !! :D