Feels like a picture sharing Wednesday...

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
They eat the same, color has no effect. Both the black and white sheep lay out in the barn when it's hot, they go around as a flock, not individually.
They're Olde English Babydoll Southdowns, for those who're wondering.
Little black lamb is a female.
Green birds are Green Cheek Conures, the black cage is theirs. There's a white cage on top that belongs to the two Budgies, they were only visiting. They are all free most of the day to climb around and be birds.
I call it Bird Island.
1910500_807032549330255_6897180723424643444_n.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hitSorry, @secuono, but you are wrong.:hit While a white lamb and a black lamb may have the same eating habits, white sheep do eat more than black sheep because :gigthere are more white sheep than black sheep. :gig

Love your bird set-up! Other than chickens who properly don't count as pets, birds are about the only normal pet I haven't had -- I did help Mom with hers though.

Please disregard my feeble attempt at Ovis-tic humor. Being so literal, I've always loved that joke.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I miss my little budgie Petey so much! He was 13 when he died. I have thought about getting another, but I don't want to buy an adult bird at the pet store, and no one around here raises them anymore, that I know of.
We left his cage open, too. He would even sit on my step-daughter's shoulder and groom her eyelashes, and never nipped anyone unless we were trimming his nails.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Anyway, those green cheeked conures look like a lot of fun. I hand-raised a couple of sun conures once. They were a hoot.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Petstores, at least the big box stores, only carry baby budgies. 2-4mo, but by the time they turn 4mo, they've sold. Got the blue at 3mo, he was at the store for a month. White one was a 2mo baby, they just got in a batch a few days before.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you ever had an English Budgie? They are pretty cool, and reportedly easier to train to talk than the regular little guys. I hand raised two of them, too, come to think about it, for the same lady at different times. And I also think lovebirds are really fun when they are young, but they can get very ornery when getting sexually mature. Ouch!
One of my dreams was to have an African Grey, but I know I would tire of one eventually, and it would probably outlive me now, and they are loud, and all the other reasons people tell you not to get one. So, no African Grey for me. But maybe another budgie.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
English ones are an inch larger, I've heard. Never heard any other differences. But I'm not really a bird person, got the first GCC because I thought DH wanted one. Nope. Then a year later, I thought he was lonely (the bird) and got him the blue budgie. He didn't like him. But then the Budgie was lonely, so got him the white budgie. They are best buds, that made me sad for the conure again, so I got him another conure and now everyone is happy except me on cleaning day. lol
I don't really like things that make noise, yet I have tons of pets that do, only the fish stare at me silently until I figure out what they want from me, lol.

We went to Annandale petstore before they moved, giant parrots in there. I could hardly hear anything when I left the store. First No flag. Then one of the big ones, gray or macaw decided to attack the wire cage at us. Nope! Second concrete No flag. I don't want to have broken bones, lost fingers, bleed or get bitten in the face/neck by a bird of all things!!! He'd end up dog food instantly. Plus, they are stupid expensive. I rather have a house chicken than an evil, giant parrot that could seriously injure me by accident or on purpose. Leave them in the wild.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Make more, of course! They help eat grass, look cute and some lambs sell. Getting 4 new ones soon, 2 Sunday. Sold 2 today. Trading one ram for another and then buying the sister. Need so many to keep up with all my grass.

Latest posts