Feels like a picture sharing Wednesday...

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Harmless wild horses ? ... don't get me started... most of them are nothing but feral horses, turned loose by those that can no longer care for them due to the bad economy when the bleeding hearts got a law passed to stop horse slaughter in the US. One person near ( 30 miles away) our ranch in Cal. owns 10,000 acres of cattle range land. He rounded up over 30 horses ( some still with halters on them), that do not belong to him when they broke down his fence then into his storage barn and ate and trampled tons of grain ( $$$$) meant for his winter cattle feed. No horse rescue group would take them. Took him months and $$$$s in attorney and court fees to finally get legal title to them so that he could truck them ( $$$$$) to Mexico to slaughter them. These so called "mustangs" are overgrazing rangelands all over the country, and WE all are paying the hay bill ( $$$$) at the BLM holding facilities. Herds of deer, elk, wild sheep, as well as countless small animals, birds and rare plants are threatened with extinction due to horse and donkey overgrazing. You can go to anyone of the BLM holding facilities and buy a "mustang" for $25. This caused a loss of value of horses and what drove me ( as well as countless horse breeders ) out of the horse business after a successful 38 year business.

Do not turn my thread into a fight.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@secuono I will have to show those pics to my DH!! I have a 2007 Dodge Calibur and can stuff 1,000 pounds of horse feed in it. Hay is bulky, only get 3-4 bales in it. For all the mess it makes, it's not worth it. He had it detailed a month ago, so far I've been good......

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes Mary, so at least there is the slightest bit of hope that Hubby might someday change his mind ;)
Maybe one day you will have the room ???

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@secuono I just scrolled through your pictures and showed my husband. He couldn't believe that you hauled sheep in the front seat of your car! ROLFLMAO!!!! :lol: He thought I was bad-hauling feed and hay! Ha! You out did me! :bow Then when I got to the pic of your mini horse, he thought it was another sheep, until he saw the blaze face! :gig He is counting his blessings now! Your DH has to be a wonderful guy to be the perfect match for you! You are awesome! :thumbsup Don't ever change!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's my car 100%, so I can do w/e I want to it. :D
He doesn't mind the animals as long as he doesn't have to do anything with them. =/ But that's ok, I don't mind, labor of love. :D
First thing I did was remove the passenger seat from my car, you can't haul 2x4s 8-10 foot long w/o getting rid of it! It's only been put back for state inspections. I only carry animals in my car, never people.

Latest posts