Felt Garden Box

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bet your kids would get a lot of use out of it. :)

If any of you guys make one, be sure to post a pic for us. I need to buy some colorful felt, but I probably have a good box that will work and some brown flannel for the dirt.

I love that, but don't have any little people to play with it. Maybe I should make it for myself to play with on a dreary winter day.

I have a shallow wooden box that would be perfect....

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
If any of you crafters make it and it comes out nice, would you be willing to make me one? Willing to pay top dollar for it! :D

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistle, can you sew? Somehow I've never thought of you that way. Haha I'd love to have one, especially made by you. :love

Mary

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I decided to make one to show my grand daughter, and to make patterns for all the pieces. I still have to make a couple more carrots and flowers but it was pretty easy. I made a few potatoes to stick down in the dirt, from craft flannel and French knots.

I didn't have paint on hand so I covered the box with some vinyl wallpaper that I just knew would have a use some day. :) My grandson is going to love it, he loves to dig for potatoes!

IMG_0402.JPG

Michaels had some heavier green felt that I think would work better for the carrot tops. The thinner stuff seems a bit floppy for that, but it worked great for everything else. I used duck cloth for the carrot, a bit hard to cinch the top, but it looks carroty. :cool:

ETA - I also cut the beet down to a 6 1/2" circle, it seemed a bit too large.

:thumbsup @journey11 !

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, the pressure is on! Look how good her's turned out. Funny that you also thought of potatoes. Ha Your incentive $$$$, haha.

Mary

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@ninnymary , I think your kids will love it!

Pea pods would be cool too, if I could figure out a way to make a pea plant. DH said I should sell them at my shows, but I'm not real crazy about that much hand sewing. It was fun to make something more creative than dozens more pot holders and aprons for a change.