Felt Garden Box

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Felt lettuce! Haha! :lol:

I have a request for another also, and dh said he would make me a little crate out of pallets. I think as long as he's in honeydo mode I'll have him make 2 or 3. I need to check our stash of pallets and see what would be suitable.

I'll be working today, but I have to admit I was kind of hoping for a big snowstorm so I could play with my sewing machine a little longer.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How adorable--so glad you have shared this! I love the idea and everybody's creations are spectacular. It was wonderful to hear how they played with them. Wish I could start some for my grandchildren right now. However, I have to wait until all the house repairs and planting are done!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, my grand daughter and I had a great time with her first sewing project! I can't believe how fast she picked up on using the machine. She made 2 carrots, 3 strawberries and a beet... and then we came to the conclusion that a real dislike for hand sewing is inherited! :eek:

She really loved sewing on the machine, so not wanting to discourage her and to get her more experience with the machine, we changed projects.... she is so proud of her first quilt! I helped with the cutting, but she did all the pinning and sewing.

IMG_0847.JPG

The felt garden is my 2 1/2yo grandsons favorite toy. He loves to sell his veggies and put the money in his bank. It's so funny though, he is a born gardener... he makes you buy the dirt first! :gig

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
She did good! Before you know it she'll be creating items to sell at craft fairs. Maybe you better make her a partner before she becomes the competition @Lavender2 !

:eek: I never thought of the competition! :lol:
I hope she wants to help me someday... but she is in my grand plan. I have a LOT of fabric! Dh keeps saying, it's okay, just use it up before you 'go'. Now I can say, don't worry, Jamie will enjoy a big inheritance. :D

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lessons would help, I'm sure! We have a local quilt shop that does classes. I should like to go one of these days. I like watching the quilting shows like Fons and Porter. They make it look so fascinating and much easier than it is! I have a couple quilts my great-great-grandmother made. I'd like to have some legacy to leave like that.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lessons would help, I'm sure! We have a local quilt shop that does classes. I should like to go one of these days. I like watching the quilting shows like Fons and Porter. They make it look so fascinating and much easier than it is! I have a couple quilts my great-great-grandmother made. I'd like to have some legacy to leave like that.

You mean besides chicken coops?