Friend killed In Todays Isis Massacre

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2016-6-19_17-5-9.png

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well the final word is not in on this particular mass killer but it seems to me he had several issues: He was a bully since middle school, he had a mental illness, he was a sexual predator, he was able to get a job where he had no problems with access to guns. His family apparently didn't try very hard to get help for him as a child or as an adult. Add this to the radical Islam propaganda he was exposed to, and you have a "perfect storm" of reasons that massacre happened. The blame is not just guns, not just radical Islam, not just homophobia, not just mental illness.
The different political parties are choosing to blame one aspect of it, and conveniently forgetting how complex the making of that sick act was.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This weekend I took my father upstate, Started seeing lavender bows on trees and mailboxes. Took me a moment to realize they where for slain victims. Interesting how in the metropolitan part of the state no ribbons. It also seemed like more houses where flying the flag.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well the final word is not in on this particular mass killer but it seems to me he had several issues: He was a bully since middle school, he had a mental illness, he was a sexual predator, he was able to get a job where he had no problems with access to guns. His family apparently didn't try very hard to get help for him as a child or as an adult. Add this to the radical Islam propaganda he was exposed to, and you have a "perfect storm" of reasons that massacre happened. The blame is not just guns, not just radical Islam, not just homophobia, not just mental illness.
The different political parties are choosing to blame one aspect of it, and conveniently forgetting how complex the making of that sick act was.
There was a lot of blame cast at his wife. A former teacher of hers contacted authorities because she apparently was a very low functioning special needs student. The first wife had to be rescued from him.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Slaughter of Native Americans? Heck, few teach about the 'trading' blankets brought to the New World from hospitals throughout Europe either. Historians determined that the Patuxet tribe the Native American, Squanto, helper of the Pilgrims came from, was totally wiped out by European disease.

Tisquantum (November 15, 1585 - November 30, 1622), also known as Squanto, was a Patuxet man who assisted the Pilgrims after their first winter in what is now Massachusetts. He was integral to their very survival. He was a member of the Patuxet tribe, a tributary of the Wampanoag Confederacy.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Slaughter of Native Americans? Heck, few teach about the 'trading' blankets brought to the New World from hospitals throughout Europe either. Historians determined that the Patuxet tribe the Native American, Squanto, helper of the Pilgrims came from, was totally wiped out by European disease.

Tisquantum (November 15, 1585 - November 30, 1622), also known as Squanto, was a Patuxet man who assisted the Pilgrims after their first winter in what is now Massachusetts. He was integral to their very survival. He was a member of the Patuxet tribe, a tributary of the Wampanoag Confederacy.
I remember reading "Bury My Head at Wounded Knee," as a very young teen. My first exposure to painful reality.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
"The Birchbark House" was one of Ava's read-alouds this past winter. We really enjoyed it, but bawled our eyes out when the baby brother died of smallpox.

Latest posts