Friend killed In Todays Isis Massacre

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
We say America was founded on Christian principles. Yet incest, murder, stealing, rape, etc was common place. Wanted what Indians had, no problem, kill them and take it. Not sure my Lord taught that. & no, I'm not giving my land back to Native American. Is that hypocritical?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Native Americans were very much into slavery, as well as women and child stealing. Hunting ground issues were the main cause of their warfare, but (sadly) humans are humans around the world and as such find ways to sin. Europeans were not the only ones with soiled hand. We just had better 'tools' of war.

I taught history -- the good and the bad -- as I knew it to my students. However (seemingly) unjust it was, no one living today is responsible for what happened in America's past. That silly idea the we should still be apologizing for the abuses wrought upon Native Americans and African slaves is beyond ridiculous, IMHO.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Native Americans were very much into slavery, as well as women and child stealing. Hunting ground issues were the main cause of their warfare, but (sadly) humans are humans around the world and as such find ways to sin. Europeans were not the only ones with soiled hand. We just had better 'tools' of war.

I taught history -- the good and the bad -- as I knew it to my students. However (seemingly) unjust it was, no one living today is responsible for what happened in America's past. That silly idea the we should still be apologizing for the abuses wrought upon Native Americans and African slaves is beyond ridiculous, IMHO.
While in College , I had to take a required History course.
the instructor was a full blooded Oglalla Suix. What she said was GOSPEL and if even if you questioned her on any minute detail, you were almost sure to fail the course. I sat on my hands to not to even ask a question. My family and I had never set foot onto this country's soil untill we immigrated legally in 1949 and became citizens, yet we were always caught up in all of these affirmative action programs in not getting into College courses , then after College not getting a job because we were white ... reverse discrimination ?

Latest posts