Garden humor thread..

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My grandmom once made dinner for my cousin and her husband. 2 years after she was still complaining how they showed up empty handed. Could have stopped at supermarket for Entenmann's pound cake.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! Another Seinfeld reality! Should'a stopped for a marble rye or a wine.

My BFF's get upset with my (learned) habit of never returning an empty dish. Someone brings a meal or a dessert? Their dish must be returned with some meal or dessert of your own. Is that just something Mom did or is it a more normal habit than they make it seem? Anyone else do that?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once had a client bring me homemade cookies on a china plate. She said don't worry about returning the plate, which I thought strange because it looked like good china. A few hours later another client came in looked at cookies and said Tracy made those. I was shocked she was right, when I asked how she knew she said it was her plate never returned back. Of course I gave her the plate.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once had a client bring me homemade cookies on a china plate. She said don't worry about returning the plate, which I thought strange because it looked like good china. A few hours later another client came in looked at cookies and said Tracy made those. I was shocked she was right, when I asked how she knew she said it was her plate never returned back. Of course I gave her the plate.

Now that's funny!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! Another Seinfeld reality! Should'a stopped for a marble rye or a wine.

My BFF's get upset with my (learned) habit of never returning an empty dish. Someone brings a meal or a dessert? Their dish must be returned with some meal or dessert of your own. Is that just something Mom did or is it a more normal habit than they make it seem? Anyone else do that?
That's a a very thoughtful idea @Smart Red. Unfortunately I return the dish the same night but washed.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mom used to put her name on a piece of masking tape on the bottom of the bowl/dish. That way it had a better chance of getting back to her.

I had one big covered bowl that got left at Mom's so many times over the years she thought it was hers, even though we had the "ownership" discussion many times, with me reminding her that it was a Christmas gift from a neighbor/friend of mine. Finally one day she said "I want you to have that bowl when I move to assisted living." By then, I just said "OK, Mom." :rolleyes: