Garden humor thread..

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just thinking about you, @Wishin' . And, there you are!

About those kids, you can try childproofing the house but my experience is that they will always find a way in ...

;). Rainy here. Yesterday there were complaints around that the first sprinkles left a mess on our cars like Mt St Helens volcanic ash. Come on! It had only dumped all of 1/8th inch of water on wheat fields bare of both snow and vegetation. Then, we had 35mph winds! Shoot. Erupting volcanoes?

digitS'
the snow has all melted outta my yard!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
You've seen snow this winter!!!! :ep WOW!!!! :ep I've seen a few very lonely flakes. Quite different from last winter.

It's a strange winter. I normally plant my early cool weather stuff the end of February or more normally early to mid March. It's not the cold as much as that's when I get a stretch dry enough to plant. Looking at the forecast and how dry my ground is now, I'll probably start that Monday. What's the worst that can happen, I replant?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's kinda where I am, too, Ridge. It's supposed to be down in the teens at night towards the end of the week, but with days in the 50's now, it's hard to ignore.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winter is great exercise too. Exhausting. But fun ..View attachment 6249

Jeni Ann, I hope you were able to get back up before the next snowstorm rolled over you!

ETA - I have looked at the sky through my snowshoes before, not deliberately, but since I was already down there..... :confused:
Getting myself back up would make for some pretty funny footage.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
At this point I think I would rather have a several inches of snow than a several inches of MUD. You can play in snow (or rather send kids out to play in snow
BykYtD8sW3dYubC3MVKPg39pLtcrG7T-QJThtIPITw-eSPV4mWqQUo6C6n6xNLZOa8JmmFE_I0TGqtj1-lPX5wv57gDjyg=s0-d-e1-ft
) Try doing that with MUD, you and the washing machine will pay dearly.:confused::he:th:he I love the south but when winter = RAIN+RAIN+RAIN+RAIN+RAIN and that is both VERY SMELLY and difficult to deal with on a farm.:\
weeeeell, you could always hose the kids down before they make it into the house! that's what i do to myself when i've had a dirty/muddy day playing in my garden. :p i'm usually barefoot in my garden or around the yard on most spring/summer days.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
About those kids, you can try childproofing the house but my experience is that they will always find a way in ...
ALWAYS.
bX6mWB3QIrU7WggDwaIvT-f5sv03XRizy6FjoyD5J0xS7DHtp0bYFr3sWEjZEe9_Yy9NyrfgUg-alzidmThFxIBovWpAmrjNoxIUJg3_1FmLqcZLPO9Rt_swEA=s0-d-e1-ft

I know I owe sunflower pictures. :\ The few that didn't get crushed by family members and visitors looked fantastic. And I have another 7 or so varieties I will be adding this year.:love

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Jeni Ann, I hope you were able to get back up before the next snowstorm rolled over you!

ETA - I have looked at the sky through my snowshoes before, not deliberately, but since I was already down there..... :confused:
Getting myself back up would make for some pretty funny footage.

Thistle I did that on purpose, really ;) (wanted that photo) I also regreted it when I tried getting back up.:( I almost fell several time not a' purpose as the Great (big baby) Pyrenees wanted to walk behind me the whole time ... right behind me o_O

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol:
Right @Jeni Ann , that's what I told everybody too! They did think it was suspicious that I didn't have a camera on me, but, nevertheless...

I know what you mean about the dog shadow, it makes snowshoeing a tad complicated. :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom and @Jeni Ann Yeah Right. Like the dog shadow is the only complicated part of snowshoeing! Still it looks like you always have fun. (Maybe I am a bit envious, I do not see myself EVER putting a pair on with my foot/ankle issues.) :(

Latest posts