Garden humor thread..

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was little I wanted to be a farmer when I grew up. At 11 I would have done anything for a pony. living in the city horse back riding lessons where to expensive for my parents. I always meant to take lessons, now that I can afford them I am to heavy.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haven't you seen re-runs of Bonanza and Hoss racing across the prairie? John Wayne was no shrinking violet of a jockey.

Now that you have room for a pony you should make that dream come true. Nothing quite like seeing the world from the back of a stalwart steed.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm giving basic horse care and handling lessons to two of the horse crazed neighbor girls, aged 6 and 7. I tell them all of the time how lucky they are, I would have given my left lung at their age to be able to handle any kind of horseflesh.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! I wanted a horse real bad, too! We did have a neighbor who kept a horse in her garage...My friends were nice enough to "share" their horses with me. Just had to do a little shoveling now and then!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
In 3rd and 4th grade my best friend Cathy and I used to regularly sneak down past the tomato farm where a horse was kept in a large white rail corral. Her name was Babe and I have no idea how we knew that, but we would pick armfuls of long grass and lay it for her next to the corral fence, then when she was busy eating we would climb the fence and slide over onto her back.

I can still remember that feeling of your heart being too big for your chest, and the utter thrill of being high atop a real horse.

Cathy's older sister ratted us out and we got in big trouble, but it was so worth it.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was little I wanted to be a farmer when I grew up. At 11 I would have done anything for a pony. living in the city horse back riding lessons where to expensive for my parents. I always meant to take lessons, now that I can afford them I am to heavy.
There is a horse for every size.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you heard of the Tevis Cup Ride ? It is an Annual 100 mile in 24 hours endurance race over the Sierra Nevada Mountains ( think the Donner party area). Many of the rider participants are in the heavy weight division ! :ep It has entrants from all over the US as well as quite a few international entrees. How about the Dubai endurance race , open to all participants from around the world. Most of the winners are Arabian or Half Arabian horses. Pound for pound the Arabian can carry more weight over a long distance than any other breed of horse. This is due to the fact that many Arab horses have one less lumbar vertebra which increases their weight carrying ability . :bow You can view one skeleton at the UC Davis Veterinary Anatomy Department exhibit of the movie famed Rudy Valentino's Arabian stalllion prepared for exhibit by my dad . :cool:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
... wonder what Eva would think of riding......
cowjump.jpg

Latest posts