Garden is moved!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Found the sprinkler DH bought "for the dogs" to use....lol.
Anyway, have it over the garden to easily water and scare the birds away.
Lol, I'm so slow recently.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went out and turned the sprinkler on. Left to get some GP food and when I came back around, there was a blackbird freaking out inside trying to get back out. Eventually it did. Not sure how it got in, but when the water hit it, he wanted out.
Back inside now, but left the sprinkler on. Will have to check all the edges for how it might of gotten in.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel your pain...the first year we planted corn the crows got it twice- before we invested in deer netting! This year we planted corn in a different spot- and I don't think the birds have bothered it...we'll see! Everything looks great!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa, I thought you didn't grow corn because you had a friend that sells it for a good price. Are you growing a special kind?

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary- you are right. I always enjoyed buying tons of organic corn from my friend. Unfortunately, her husband died this winter and she cannot plant alone. He was in charge of the tractors, etc. They made a good team- not sure how she will hold up. I didn't plant much-we will probably get a few meals out of it- but I hated the thought of no corn.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Corn is growing! :D
Still have it fenced off, don't want the chickens to flatten it. Then fence needs to stay on, sheep will eat it!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Also, mint grows HUGE! Who would of guessed it? :D

Latest posts