Garden on the forest edge.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
At last we have more time to garden. My husband picked up the lawn mower. He set to work with creativity and ardor. He mowed the grass, some of my perennials and half hydrangea bush "Anabel".
Spouse went out to weed-wack (like a hand scythe) in the woods out back. Instead he cut about a third of my shady garden down. Once I did get him directed to the right area he veered off course and took out a 5 year old sugar maple tree. Sigh!

Keep telling myself it could have been worse. Spouse also weed-wacked my iris bed to the ground. When I said thank you, he looked surprised and said he thought I would be angry at him for cutting the plants. Could he have done it deliberately to try making me upset? I certainly would have been if iris flowering season wasn't over. It is a bit too early, but in a short time I would have mowed them myself, fed them, and let them get ready for next year's flowering.

Do you know the variety of your jasmine? I would love to find a jasmine hardy enough for my growing area.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If I said "Thank you" to my husband for this, he would have touched my forehead to make sure that I do not have a fever.
I do not think that your husband did it on purpose to upset you.
I bought a small folding fence for daylilies. They are plastic and metal. Now daylily safe. In the following year, I'll tie colorful ribbons on long poles and insert them into the ground around the perimeter of the plant. One fallen tape - minus one home dinner! I hope the mower again become an instrument of labor, not weapons of mass destruction!
I do not remember the name of Jasmine, but I remember characteristics. This German variety, tall, with the late flowering period. I will see all the directories to find it.:)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ohhh @Larisa You have the most BEAUTIFUL surroundings. thankfully DH has suddenly gotten really into planting and tending flower. (For his bees he says! ) So my flowers are usually pretty safe from the mower and weed whackers. :)

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love the simplicity of the rudbeckia. Several years ago I dropped to the ground seeds. There was a mixture. Since they grow themselves. Simple, double and different colors. In the spring they sprout all over the garden. I'm trying to transplant them in certain places. Well, many plants take neighbors.

IMG_2118.JPG IMG_2208.JPG IMG_2209.JPG IMG_2210.JPG IMG_2423.JPG IMG_2426.JPG IMG_2427.JPG

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They give the effect of "sunlight" in the garden. As autumn leaves in the autumn forest. Forest appear brighter.