Gardening Intervention

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Greetings and Tidings of Joy from the Crazy H-Bar Ranch; I always tell my children to plan the work, then work the plan. So after a little planning we got some plants in the ground today, we planted; zucchini bread, cucumbers, pickles, yellow squash, and sugar pumpkins, Armenian cucumbers. Oh boy are we gonna pay of it later.... I'm soo sore.

First I laid out the plants that were ready so as not to block any sun from the other plants.

Last we did 4 zucc bread plants..... I think 6 should be enough this year....

Pickles on the left and Cucumbers on the right...

This group might be a little ambitious; 4 pumpkins on the far left, 4 yel squash in the center, (I hate squash) and 4 Armenian cucumbers on the right. (Might thin these to 2 plant)

You planted zucchini bread ? What kind of gene splicing was involved for this GMO ? This I have to see ! :eek:

hosspak

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
You planted zucchini bread ? What kind of gene splicing was involved for this GMO ? This I have to see ! :eek:
Certain things are kept secret in the lab. But let me paraphrase what info I can leak out: I hate veggies, but my family does. I give them veggies and in return they transform them into edible goodies, i.e. zucchini bread. lol AND my Granddaughter labeled them as such...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Greetings and Tidings of Joy from the Crazy H-Bar Ranch; I always tell my children to plan the work, then work the plan. . .

You saying that got me curious about something, Rick, the relationship between the words "plan" & "plant."

This is what thefreedictionary has to say: [French, alteration (influenced by plan, flat surface) of plant, ground plan, map, from planter, to plant, from Latin plantāre, from planta, sole of the foot; see plat- in Indo-European roots.]

I think that's a kick! (Shows how weird I am o_O, I suppose.)

You certainly have your garden "platted." Your "footprint" in your yard - we should all take a lesson from how you go about your ground plan.

Eat your veggies!

Steve

hosspak

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
You saying that got me curious about something, Rick, the relationship between the words "plan" & "plant."
Steve
Thanks Steve, your reply also got me a little curious... so I did a little research on this subject;
Obsessive–compulsive disorder affects children and adolescents, as well as adults. Roughly one third to one half of adults with OCD report a childhood onset of the disorder, suggesting the continuum of anxiety disorders across the lifespan.

I'm sorry... :gig:lol: I just had to do it... I'm so tired and that just slipped out, even while typing this I can't keep a straight face. Remember, I'm laughing with you...:frow

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, your reply also got me a little curious... so I did a little research on this subject;
Obsessive–compulsive disorder affects children and adolescents, as well as adults. Roughly one third to one half of adults with OCD report a childhood onset of the disorder, suggesting the continuum of anxiety disorders across the lifespan.

I'm sorry... :gig:lol: I just had to do it... I'm so tired and that just slipped out, even while typing this I can't keep a straight face. Remember, I'm laughing with you...:frow
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously,you do know OCD makes the world go round in an orderly fashion, promotes cleanliness, thoroughness,discovery and extreme excellence (also known as perfection), if it truly is a "disorder", it is one of the best disorders one can be blessed with.:plbb

hosspak

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously,you do know OCD makes the world go round in an orderly fashion, promotes cleanliness, thoroughness,discovery and extreme excellence (also known as perfection), if it truly is a "disorder", it is one of the best disorders one can be blessed with.:plbb
I don't know about that one.... I kinda like my over eating disorder.... lol. Is that pizza i smell??? :drool

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bush beans are my standard choice for mid-season. I have so many to harvest late that I plant very few green beans early.

Zucchini and other summer squash, cucumbers too, can sometimes have a lot of trouble with mildew as the plants age. It may be best just to pull the plants late in the season. I can sow seed or set out plants between the earlyt cabbages and broccoli. As those plants produce and are taken out, the fresh squash and cucumbers can replace them. They take up about the same amount of room.

Young plants may also develop mildew but they are more resistant. If I don't need to pull the older plants, I can often get in trouble with this technique. Still, my compost is always hungry :).

Succession plant sweet corn so that you have corn right up until frost. These warm-season veggies are the only ones where I can believe the days-to-maturity on the seed packets.

Steve
just my ideas

Latest posts