Getting Real Close to Buying Cow Prod.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pardon my grandmotherly viewpoint, but that nephew of yours looks old enough to be doing more with his life than the hammock would indicate. Check him out: clean hands, clean shorts, clean legs, clean shoes (sensible but clean). All suggest he hasn't gotten started with the yard work yet.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice Hammock. I can see how it might be distracting. ;) But not so close to PI !!!! I bet someone on TEG would have an old prod to lend you. :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, Nyboy. I can see why you wouldn't spend hours meandering through your woods with all the poison ivy. I know it is around here, but not so bad I have to worry with each step into the woods.

Somewhere here on my very own property there is/was PI. Yuck! I never actually got into it, but my dog brought it home several times and lay down on my bath robe. Double yuck! We think we have pretty much eliminated it. At least I've been PI free for quite a long time (my bath robe has a better home than on the bedside floor) so I don't find the woods particularly dangerous.

Also, all we have around here that might be dangerous is the (rare) timber rattler. Rare around here in south-est, central-est Wisconsin, not in the whole state. Northern Wis. has its share of rattlers. All the other snakes are farming helpers and free to wander where they wish -- except inside the house.

The other creepy crawlies don't bother me. I'm bigger'n them.

I don't know how big your wooded area is, but if'n it were mine, I'd be cleaning it out* a bit so it can be enjoyed as well as being a wildlife area. (*Of course, that means some big strong guy(s) in the family would be doing the work under my direction.) I would be hauling the refuse away so he/they would have more room to work.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red your grandmotherly view point is always welcome here!!! Somewhere on your property is poison ivy, lol my woods it is on every tree, forms a thick ground cover!!! Can't step 2 feet into woods without being surrounded by it. Should be state plant or at lest Hudson valley.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Buy "Cross Bow" or generic "Cross Road", spray and start killing it....

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Get a goat. They like it. But don't let the goat chew on your hands after it has been eating poison ivy. Don't ask me how I know.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, you are such a slave driver! LOL Funny Majorcatfish's observation, he really doesn't look like he's gotten much sun this summer. Either your yard is a really shady place to nap or he's a vampire. :lol: Was he out cold when you snapped his pic? You should have pranked him with some shaving cream...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Inserting cattle prod story..

The local AG store keeps them in a big cardboard barrel next to the fencing supplies. A friend was in there a few years back with his wife and she commented that she needed one to keep him focused on his honey-do list. She then pulled one out of the barrel and gestured at him. They laughed. She went to put it back in the barrel and somehow put it against her thigh.
Her purse landed half way across the store.
Apparently they keep batteries in them....

Latest posts