Hi from Montana!

Suzee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome from East Texas! I’m delighted that you joined us here! Welcome to the family!
Thanks! I’m not on social media, so this is as close as I will get! I love gathering knowledge from other gardeners. I imagine East Texas has its own gardening challenges.

Suzee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome from British Columbia! I have always wanted to visit Montana-- maybe I will get there in the coming years.

There is so much to learn about gardening, and I hope that you will find your happy place here at The Easy Garden! :)
I’m so glad to have found a place to ask questions and find gardening wisdom!

Suzee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome from the San Francisco bay area! My growing climate is so different from yours. But looking forward to getting to know you.

Mary
I went to CSUSF and always thought gardening in the city would be so cool. There Was an Italian family just across the fence from me in Noe Valley and they had a huge garden! I admired and was inspired by it.

Suzee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Suzee. Welcome ! And, I hope you enjoy and are successful in Helena 😎.

Where were you in NW Montana?

Helena. I would think the challenge would mostly be, gardening at 4,000 feet elevation at over 46° North latitude.

Steve, here near 48 degrees North and at a much lower (2,000 ft) altitude.
I spent 40 years in a little town named Noxon, about 50 miles east of Sandpoint, Idaho. I gardened the same plot for 35 years, and now, 15 miles from the continent divide, I am on a whole new learning curve! I have a small greenhouse and use raised beds with hoop houses when necessary, but it’s still a challenge. Thankfully my husband has been here most of his life and can alert me to weather that I wouldn’t have worried about on the west side.

Suzee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I’m so glad to have found a place to ask questions and find gardening wisdom!
I have a sister-in-law in Charly Lake BC, near Ft St Johns (if this is wrong I got it from my husband) She is a HUGE gardener. She grows most of their food. BC has an interesting climate. I lived a few years in Porthill, Idaho right on the border. We had an insane growing season up there!

Suzee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello @Suzee so happy to have you join us on TEG. I have been a member for 12 years! An awesome bunch of gardeners and I am still learning. Also, I am from the mid-west. East Central Iowa. About 10 miles from the Mississippi.
Thanks Carol, I am really glad to have found this site. There is so much to offer here!

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome Suzee. What breathtaking scenery you have in your part of the country! That scene with the mountains and lupines blooming on the hillsides is spectacular. I'm in Northern New England (Vermont). Everyone here is very helpful with answers to gardening questions.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
a little town named Noxon, about 50 miles east of Sandpoint, Idaho
My brother lives a few miles north of Sandpoint :). I have been to Clark Fork and kind of liked that little town but, not farther east on that highway. I had neighbors who moved to Libby and I visited them there but didn't head south to Noxon ... other than that, it's been to Missoula and a little east and the remainder of western Montana - fly-over. After all, there are lots and lots of square miles to it!

:) Steve, & yes, I've been to Porthill, Good Grief, too :D

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My first husband and I literally ran away from CA in the 70s and never looked back. Mt. Is truly the last best place. We spent 40 years on the Bull River near the Idaho border. After raising 3 kids in a log cabin, and losing my first husband, I was fortunate to meet a wonderful guy from the Helena area. He has built me a nice garden, a shop and is my hunting guide as well!
My goodness, it's so beautiful! 🥰 I don't know much about the climate of Montana, do you have a short growing season?

Nice giant garlic!

Latest posts