Homegrown Herbal Tea

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know what too much would be. I've never done a thing with orange zest that I can remember (although I like it in purchased desserts). What I can see on the internet right now is using half the peel from an orange for 2 cups. What I'm doing with the much smaller Mandarins is 3 cups for about 1/2 peeling.

oh, ok, keep scaling back to "adjust to taste"... :)

i'm just recalling years of tea drinking in the past where i had loose leaf teas with bits of orange in them and those bits were not very big at all. of course those teas may have had orange flavorings or oils added - i cannot recall those facts at the moment. the only name brand tea with orange in it that i recall was Constant Comment so the ingredients for that one should be available on-line... oh it is for sure but it then claims it is a secret formula which includes black tea, rind of oranges, spices and natural flavors. they can hide a lot under "natural flavors"... so, um, good luck in finding your sweet spot with the orange flavorings... :)

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My tea shelves in the shop are done!
This year, roses, raspberry leaves, mixed mint, and lemon balm are homegrown.
13058_0.jpg

I also have homegrown chamomile, candyleaf (Stevia rebaudiana), and sage, but the harvest wasn't as much as the above-mentioned four. So they just stayed at my kitchen for myself.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lying in bed last night, thinking of funny things to say about that brand.

I'll just say ;): I don't really like it and that is likely because of those " 'other' natural flavors" that are fine for some folks.

i used to get many loose leafed teas and they were just scooped from bins and never had any labels on them about what was in them other than the name or flavor. of course this was back in the ancient times when allergy concerns were not so much and also when i would drink way too much caffiene... i loved it all and called it swamp water. my teefers were the straining devices. none of that tea ball wimpy stuff for me... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What if your beverage was made from:

Ingredients: Date Seed, Ramon Seeds, Sunflower Seed Extract, Fructose, Pea Protein, Millet, Lemon, Guava, Defatted Fenugreek Seeds, Caffeine, Baking Soda

Of all places, in Seattle! They will be lucky not to have demonstrations out on their sidewalk. (And, here I am being too shy to put this in the Coffee thread)

! Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Ingredients: Date Seed, Ramon Seeds, Sunflower Seed Extract, Fructose, Pea Protein, Millet, Lemon, Guava, Defatted Fenugreek Seeds, Caffeine, Baking Soda

Of all places, in Seattle! They will be lucky not to have demonstrations out on their sidewalk. (And, here I am being too shy to put this in the Coffee thread)

! Steve

that's some whacky stuff they got in there! pea protein and baking soda?!

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

! Steve
Yikes!

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

! Steve
I remember when I ate my first fake blueberry! It was a real eye opener for me when I realized that just because you think you are buying "food" you just might not be!

Latest posts