How are those Tomatoes?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jered,

Glad you stopped by for a visit. The movement you saw is the fan moving the olive leaves, and the colors appear washed out because the the red LED grow lights are on and the sun is not really hitting the green house this early in the day. When the sun is overhead ,the colors are more natural. The camera was worth the thirty some dollars I paid for it. Last week I was at my son's house watching Ava and the camera sent me an email photo of someone in the greenhouse. It was a friend dropping off some supplies he picked up for me. Technology, when it works, is really cool.

Jack B

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
The good news is that my tomatoes are finally in the ground!! I had my doubts it was ever going to happen. Dangerous thunderstorms predicted for Sunday- by Monday I may have nothing!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
The good news is that my tomatoes are finally in the ground!! I had my doubts it was ever going to happen. Dangerous thunderstorms predicted for Sunday- by Monday I may have nothing!
I can not believe the weather this spring. The week before last we had a frost on Monday and a hard freeze on Tuesday. Two days ago we had a thunderstorm to end all thunderstorms. There was more than a foot of water on our street. Trees and limbs came down, power, cable, phones and internet were out. A few tornadoes were reported. Listening to the scanner I heard of an entire roof being torn from a home and deposited a hundred feet away. New York surely is not like it used to be.

Jack B

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you for clearing that up. I thought it was the camera. Regardless it was wild to be able to see what was going on. The camera emailed you? That's wild! Does it work on a wifi signal?

We've been pounded by storms here too. That's part of why I haven't gotten my tomatoes in the ground yet. I've transplanted them to buy some more time so if not Sunday then Tuesday for sure to get them in by. Its been wicked out here too.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
Thank you for clearing that up. I thought it was the camera. Regardless it was wild to be able to see what was going on. The camera emailed you? That's wild! Does it work on a wifi signal?

We've been pounded by storms here too. That's part of why I haven't gotten my tomatoes in the ground yet. I've transplanted them to buy some more time so if not Sunday then Tuesday for sure to get them in by. Its been wicked out here too.
The color is always a little strange, as the IR lights are on all the time and the LEDs are on until I turn them off about 10 pm. It has a security setting I can activate, so when it detects motion it takes photos and emails them to you. It can be set stationery or to patrol, and there is free software that allows it to capture and store video on your PC, either full time, or you can program it to turn on and off any number of times during the day. It will store the video for as long as you like, or delete it every 24 hours. And, it is wifi, all it needs is an electrical outlet to operate. All for thirty nine dollars, however, programming it is kind of difficult, as it is a little server with a camera. The wild part is that you are accessing the camera from Hong Kong!!
Good luck getting the plants in.

Jack B

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
jackb said:
Steve,
You are welcome to drop by and check it out. . . Jack
Omigosh, Jack!

Thanks for sharing. Technology can be great!

. . . and, here I am wondering if I'm ever gonna get an automated exhaust fan in my greenhouse :rolleyes:.

The tropical setting will be delightful to view during bad weather.

I particularly enjoyed seeing the hostess!

30-1_zpsc70df32b.gif

Steve :cool:

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
gosh, all you tomato people are amazing! the varieties you mention - it's incredible. I think i'm going to have to branch out.
what I have (celebrity, roma, black krim, sweet 100) are doing very well. they're all setting plenty of tomatoes and no sign of blight or bugs to date. i'm hoping to see some starting to turn in the next few days.

techy people are just out of my league. I do love the idea of time lapsed photography - especially jared77's idea of the pumpkins

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Edited :/:

Well, that old TEG thread on time lapsed plant growth I just linked to, has

dead links!

Sorry :(.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got 'em all planted today... 56 tomato plants, 26 different varieties! :bun