How do your tomatoes grow?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
So you can grow tomatoes Thistle! Maybe that should be your trick? Plant them in pots on your pretend terrace? ;)

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, isn't it frustrating when you see someone else's tomatoes just wasting on the vine? I pass by a house on the way in to town, where the tomatoes are beautiful and ripe on the vines, lots of them. Most years they eventually get covered in weeds, and no one bothers with them. A couple of years ago it was all I could do to keep from stopping and asking to pick them. Once they start turning red, I can't tell that they are ever picked. :idunno

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
How about these? Already almost tomato sauce.
bowl of tomatoes..jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, isn't it frustrating when you see someone else's tomatoes just wasting on the vine? I pass by a house on the way in to town, where the tomatoes are beautiful and ripe on the vines, lots of them. Most years they eventually get covered in weeds, and no one bothers with them. A couple of years ago it was all I could do to keep from stopping and asking to pick them. Once they start turning red, I can't tell that they are ever picked. :idunno
Stop and ask if you can pick 50/50. You keep half and they keep half. Probably too busy.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
How about these? Already almost tomato sauce.View attachment 15685

No need to be cruel Cat! :lol: Those are nice!

Yes, @ninnymary , next year I'm going to have an imaginary garden, like those imaginary sports teams folks do. It will be the biggest baddest garden ever!!

I know @so lucky , why do people plant things and taunt us with their undeserved success?

When my client asked me if I'd like to take some tomatoes home I said yes ma'am! She said they couldn't possibly eat all those tomatoes. It's only two plants.... but I do what I can to help out.;)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would definitely stop by and ask for them. You have nothing to lose. When I did the flowers for our church, I was always knocking on people's doors asking for some flowers. Not once was I told no.

Mary

Latest posts