How Good is Your Canadian?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Métis.

Yours truly, Johnny Dollar.

No, not my handle ... a radio program I used to listen to as a kid. The Shadow ... Ozzy & Harriet, Jack Benny ... We still have comedy on the radio ... most of it, unintentional.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not good Canadian-ese. I got 7 of 10 right. Those I did manage were more my Latin background than even good guessing. However, all three wrong answers would have been my second choice.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Pulsegleaner, I found a 'station' on the Tuneinradio app that is all music from the 30's & 40's and hours of those old radio shows.
The other day I was listening to Gunsmoke and realized that I had been sitting at my desk doing nothing for almost 20mins!!! Got so absorbed in it - was SOOO glad the boss didn't catch me.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, they are compelling, aren't they. Though as I said the later stuff is even better since by them the mass market material was gone and what was left was those doing it for the sheer love of the art. Suspense and I Love a Mystery are nice but they don't hold a candle to Cape Cod Radio Mystery Theatre (I can still hum the organ theme from that) or The Atlanta Radio Theatre company (probably the only people who have ever effectively adapted H.P. Lovecraft and not had it come out silly).

And it does sometimes slip over. On the train one day, someone was asking if they'd see me next week and after I said yes, I couldn't help doing, in my best Mysterious Traveler impression "I take this same train every week, at this same time" (followed up with The Whistler's whistle, for good measure.)

Latest posts