How is the Weather . . .

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I suppose shade counts as weather, Marshall . . .

The shade of the nearby house is falling halfway across the 1st bed of dahlias. I was out washing them with a strong jet of water - the plants luv that!

The mid-day reflected light from the blades of grass when you are looking south is just beginning here. It will become more pronounced as fall nears until the lawns glitter. Especially on those days when there is still dew clinging to the grass during those hours. I enjoy that and dew must count as weather. In weather definitions, if shade & dew count, does reflected light?

Steve

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'll let you know what the weather is when the smoke clears. I can't tell if we have sunshine or not!:hu

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
AdamBorzy said:
I live in Gold Coast, QLD, AU and our weather today is beautiful as usual mostly sunny ;)
Tell us about your gardening in AU, Adam. We are always interested to hear what people in other areas are planting/having issues with.

AdamBorzy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yep, its Spring.

Our weather pattern here?
After it rains, its sunny again... and it will rain again and its sunny again.
Such a blessing and we have the most sublime winter around here sometimes we can barely feel it's winter.

I see that the main problem in gardening is getting weeds because of the weather.
With the kind of weather that we have, weeds grow really fast, sometimes faster than
what we have initially germinated and because we have range of climates,
we can grow almost any crop, vegetables or any plants.

reason for editing:
wrong spelling

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, you will want to do something to stop the weeds.Many gardeners find that mulching the plants with layers of newspapers and then straw keeps the weeds away. I have had a nearly weed-free garden this year, doing this. Have fun with your garden!

Latest posts