How is the Weather . . .

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yep, yep, fall is a coming! We had 42 degrees this morning and high of 67. LOVE this weather! My son came by and three generations plus my hubby fenced in a pen to house some pigs for winter breakfast. My mother has been wanting this for a while and with the encouragement of my son she finally got her pen built or all but one side. Loved being out in this cool temperature working with my family!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
We had 5" of rain last week and a cool front this week! Low was 53 this morning and low humidity - LOVE IT!!!! :D
Got you beat, Joan! Got you beat! It has been 51 or 52 the last 3 mornings!

But . . . we've got a real problem. High eighties or 90 for the next few afternoons. The air is thick with smoke from the fires. I don't know if I should hope for a wind to clear the air . . . we could sure use some rain. It hasn't rained except for that 1/8" back in mid-August. But, oh no more lightening strikes!

I'm about ready to say that this growing season can just go ahead and go away :rolleyes:. We can get some rain and then a freeze - I'm tired of breathing smoke!

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh rats Steve! I'm so sorry you're having trouble breathing :hugs , it has been smoky, especially today. But yesterday was pretty nice. I'm feeling a little guilty about enjoying this extra warmth, but I'm getting a lot of my fall cutdowns accomplished in shorts and tank top instead of the usual coat and soggy jeans. We could use some rain though, but once it begins, you know that's the end of summer officially :( .

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Days afre cooling some, nights are around 48 degrees, air is clear, fall garden is thriving...I even have some volunteer Peas with pods on them, the Golden Podded Peas. I did not really think Peas could double crop, seed to seed twice in one season, but these are. The Mrs. Keeny's beans did do a small rebloom, still picking a few Cowpeas, still picking most of the dry Beans.

Weather is supposed to get partly cloudy this weekend, a work weekend here for the campers to clean up camps. Haven't seen many bikini gals for a couple weeks now. That's a sign of changing weather isn't it? But it feels like it'll be a long nice fall this year!

Latest posts