I am so upset

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your son has more patience than I would. After the 5 minutes it took to check on drugs in her possession, this would have been over.

Next, while I'm there, every person involved in this lie, would be body searched and their possessions. If not, I'd partake of my legal rights.

While I understand the hard position school officials can be in, I expect them to have more than 1 working brain cell.

Lucky for me, in our small school, we would have been contacted on first rumor. Plus our administration and teachers have more than 1working brain cell. Too many ed majors of my generation imbibed in too much weed and alcohol.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know it bothers me far more then it bothers Gypsy. She knew she didn't do drugs and since she was proven innocent of that she's just fine. What other people think of her isn't a priority as long as she feels good about herself. From her point of view, this wasn't a big problem. The worst for her was missing a special day of school, the annual Track and Field Day.

This child with few friends was running in three relay races with other classmates and had been talking about it for weeks. Of course that didn't happen because she was 'waiting'. To make it even worse (rubbing salt in the wound?) the principal suggested that she could go out to the track for those events later in the day. When I stopped in to see Gypsy -- after all the races were completed -- she happily told me she would at least be able to go out for the relay races even if she missed the rest of the track and field day events.

@seedcorn, we are a small school district, but ZERO tolerance seems to mean: toss logic and common sense out the door. When the principal told my son, "this has been going on for several months", we wondered why he hadn't been involved . . . several months ago.

I had rather expected I would be home-schooling one or both of my youngest grandchildren, but Gypsy hasn't had problems before this -- her behavior issues were much worse when younger, but she has matured a lot and wants so much to make her parents proud of her -- and we felt the socialization was important as long as her education was not effected.

Yes, we are a small district. I'll have to share the story of my witch hunt some time.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, there is the elephant in the room! IF there were allegations months ago, WHY wasn't Your son informed? IF they couldn't give me adequate reasons, then school board would be involved.

Sounds like your grandchild, because she is different from them, is being singled out. Take a lesson from Gypsy, she doesn't care what they think, so make it clear to whoever needs to know that you don't care what they think of you. Which means, you will do whatever it takes to get your grandchild an education. Translated to their language, I will make your life miserable until you get off her case or they are relieved of their responsibilities.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Two words Red. Local News. This kind of crap is getting out of hand. I saw on the news awhile back that a little boy was suspended for using his finger as a gun during recess. The school staff needs disciplined and the public made aware of such a violation of Gypsy's civil rights. The school does have the right to search a students locker at any time, but they must still have reasonable suspicion to search a student. Is it reasonable to trust only the word of another student? I don't think so. In fact, if you really want to get some results try contacting the ACLU in Wisconsin. They love stuff like this.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, did you find Gypsy peppers for Gypsy? They are out there.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our daughter went to private
Red, did you find Gypsy peppers for Gypsy? They are out there.
Well, while we are finding Gypsy vegetables for Gypsy, Reds grand daughter, I planted Gypsy tomatoes. Red, if you want seed, I'll send you some. ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't expect to learn anything about tomatoes in this thread! The "Gypsy" tomato is from the former USSR. The Russian name translates to the English word, according to Tatiana.

Gypsy the granddaughter is, perhaps, named for a whole ethnic group of Romani people! The plural of Rom is Roma . . . back to Tatiana! Well, it turns out that the "Roma" tomato is from Beltsville, Maryland.

:) Cherokee Dutch English American Steve

Latest posts