I Got Tomatillos!

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Awww, Mary! That's so cool! :hugs

It's been a LOOONNNGG time, so I'm sure it's changed a lot. We moved to San Jose when I was in 6th grade. So, I don't remember where a lot of things are. But, I went to Roeding Elementary School. Are you familiar with that area?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Devon, it rings a bell but I can't remember it. Heck, I can't even remember my elementary school. Makes me wonder if I went to that one! All I remember is that we lived on West Eden St. and their was a dairy plant almost in front of our house!

I left Fresno about 35 years ago and boy has it grown! It has freeways now and is developed all the way north to Herndon.

Mary

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just looked it up on Google Maps. It looks like you were due South from us. According to the map, we would have been about 5 miles or 15 minutes apart. Wow! It's a small world, isn't it? Although I left Fresno in 1963. I suspect you weren't even a sparkle in your Daddy's eye yet. :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A Redding Elementary School?

Oh, "Roeding" Elementary School!

My brother went to a Redding California elementary school ... I was too young in California's Central Valley town of Redding.

Wow. Only 15 minutes ... the map app shows that Fresno is 5 hours from Redding. Crime in Italy! They are in the same valley.

Steve

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yup. Roeding - sounds like Row-ding. :)

Redding is at the very northern end of the Central Valley. I've never been to Redding. Although I'm pretty sure it's cooler & wetter in Redding, than in Fresno - which is pretty much desert. I remember some blazing hot, dry days in Fresno. :th

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just looked it up on Google Maps. It looks like you were due South from us. According to the map, we would have been about 5 miles or 15 minutes apart. Wow! It's a small world, isn't it? Although I left Fresno in 1963. I suspect you weren't even a sparkle in your Daddy's eye yet. :lol:
Haha, I was born in 1954. So did you live in Fresno or a small town outside of it?

Mary

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow! You look a lot younger than that in your avatar! :D I thought you might be mid 40s?

I lived right IN Fresno proper. I looked on the map again and Roeding Park is a little less than half way between W. Eden & W. Cortland, where I lived.

Latest posts