I'm so depressed!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm so sick of this rain! :barnie We had 2 1/2" on Sunday, it rained yesterday and several times last week and it's pouring right now, and it's supposed to rain all this week! My garden is flooded -everything is going to rot, I can't work on the new coop I'm building, my young chicks can't go out in the yard, my dogs are bored stiff and driving us nuts. I'm sick of thunder and lightening and high winds and I had to go and buy another pair of mud boots just to walk out the back door. (pant, pant) :hit :hit Ok, I'm done, but don't feel any better. (sigh)

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
But it's sooooo good for the garden, and our seeds need it, and maybe you'll see a rainbow...
there feel better now? Rain rain go away, come water my garden another day!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks. We'll get all this rain in April and May and we won't get a drop come June, July and August. :rolleyes: I really need to see the sun right now. :coolsun

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I hear ya, although we haven't had as much as you, but it has been raining now since Friday, I think, and it's supposed to rain through next Monday. Right now there's a lull out there, I just walked around outside, the ground is way too soggy to do much with right now. I've got a patch out front I want to grass in, can't work the soil, though.....maddening! :barnie

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A little bit of rain here but . . . it's so cool and cloudy. I can't get things outdoors.

I just drug all the eggplants out and sprayed them for aphids. Put those back in and brought out the peppers and zinnias. It's an organic spray, it probably won't work very well.

My partner in the big veggie garden (the property owner) insists that it is his turn to arrange for the guy with the tractor to till. He can't seem to "get 'r dun!" I've got all these onion plants, cabbage, broccoli, and kale that COULD go out but the little veggie garden is already CRAMMED with plants - there needs to be some more ground!

DW variously complains that "all these plants have to go" and then notes how cold it is. I'm fairly sure that the aster plants will go out today but with a chance of frost tonight and tomorrow . . . they may be toast before the end of the week!

I gotta go move the peppers back into the greenhouse before they chill their little leaves off outdoors. . .

Does crying help?

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
snow . . . ?!

I found a cute little garden spider in the basil and we had a conversation. He now knows that I'm expecting him to keep the aphids out that basil in the greenhouse. (Messing around with the fungus gnats that I'm not worried about won't feed the bulldog . . . may be confusing my security personnel here.) And, he better not get over on those other plants if he knows what's good for him.

If I could just get these zinnias and things out under a tree for a day, the sparrows will pick the aphids off them like a kid going after the sprinkles on the cupcakes. Of course, if it was a little drier, the sparrows would be taking dust baths in my lettuce beds after they'd chew off the lettuce seedlings. 'Course, it would have to be warm enuf for the lettuce to actually sprout and come up.

This cool, those sparrow hatchlings aren't goin' have any bugs to eat, especially since I'm not inviting their parents into the greenhouse. . . . gosh, starving babies!

You know, things could be worse . . .

. . . snow?

Steve's digits

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It's been raining for a week straight with no end in sight. The only time I have seen the sun was for 3 minutes on Saturday. I hate to complain, (we need it) but my gosh I miss the sun! :idunno

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
NO, please no snow!! It's 71 degrees and the humidity is 94%

The monsoon is over for now, I see the sun trying to peek out.

Crying doesn't help, it just makes my face all red and blotchy. :p

Latest posts