I'm SO excited!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Huh? :ep You mean people actually grow this stuff? Several years ago I watched a show on how horseradish is processed, etc and the guys doing it were in full haz mat suits! I never figured you could actually grow and use it from your own garden. How in the world do you use it? :hu

HappyHomestead

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
A roast beef sandwich just isn't the same without horseradish :) Peel it, grate it, then add a little vinegar and salt. Don't breathe in directly over your mixture!

I was just thinking, a good way to grow horseradish would be in a container so it doesn't take over the garden.

jennh

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
HappyHomestead said:
A roast beef sandwich just isn't the same without horseradish :) Peel it, grate it, then add a little vinegar and salt. Don't breathe in directly over your mixture!

I was just thinking, a good way to grow horseradish would be in a container so it doesn't take over the garden.
That's how I'm going to grow it. last week I was sitting on my front porch swing, and looked across the street at my neighbor's garbage. He had one of those galvanized wash tubs out. I walked over and asked him if he minded if I took it. He said no, that it leaked. I said I was going to use it as a planter, so that was great if it leaked. Only thing is, it DOESN'T leak! :lol: :gig We had about 5 inches of rain last week, and it didn't drain out. Guess I'll have to drilll holes, 'cause that's where my horseradish plant is going! I'll post pics when I get it planted. :thumbsup

Latest posts