Know this flower?

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yup, so there ya go! :)

<high-fives Steve>

Thanks for finding it Steve. Alas (not surprisingly) google-consensus seems to be that it's only hardy to zones 7 or 8, doesn't do ME any good LOL

Pat

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Yup, so there ya go! :)

<high-fives Steve>

Thanks for finding it Steve. Alas (not surprisingly) google-consensus seems to be that it's only hardy to zones 7 or 8, doesn't do ME any good LOL

Pat
Pull the bulb, store it overwinter in a pot kept barely moist in a cool spot, even freezing, but not too cold. Put it back out in the spring and see what happens. Worth a shot!

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
Pull the bulb, store it overwinter in a pot kept barely moist in a cool spot, even freezing, but not too cold. Put it back out in the spring and see what happens.
Yeah I know, however what REALISTICALLY happens here is either "forget to pull the bulb, it's gone forever by springtime"; or "pull the bulb, store it overwinter in a spot where rats or voles eat it"; or "pull the bulb, store it overwinter in a spot where I forget totally about it and both it and its packing material freeze-dry and by spring it's a weightless little dead raisin".

Have done all of the above with various tender bulbs, and finally learned my lesson. Disorganized people are not meant to grow tender bulbs :)

(I do have a small potted fig tree that I winter in the chicken bldg, but even *that* is a challenge for me not to kill, and survives only by being located right behind the feed bin where I have to notice it periodically :p)

But thanks for the suggestion, and for the unrealistic-but-flattering estimate of my organizational capacities LOL

Pat

Latest posts