Me and the Corn!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty corn, Bay! I still have a couple of ears like those purple ones that I bought for decoration a couple years ago. Not sure why I kept them other than they were just too pretty to throw away and they'd probably sprout if I tossed them in the compost. :p

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
journey11 said:
Pretty corn, Bay! I still have a couple of ears like those purple ones that I bought for decoration a couple years ago. Not sure why I kept them other than they were just too pretty to throw away and they'd probably sprout if I tossed them in the compost. :p
Plant it and see what happens! :tools

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought about it. :) I got the corn from a u-pick family farm around here that grows lots of things, so I figured maybe it would be crossed with something else.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
12 FT Wow!! hope you get lot's of ears of that!

I just picked my first ever homegrown corn on the cob yesterday 3 ears I was so excited!! we had it for dinner :drool it is all staked up do to the hail storm we had but Mine are all shrimps compared to yours!!! :bow

eager to see the harvest:pop

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boy-Howdy! When I wallop myself with the stupid-stick, it seems like I just can't stop! I have had the wash pan of corn in the house, drying S-L-O-W-L-Y. It was drying, but it was not hard yet, and I really want to mill some and make cornbread. So I took the wash pan outside and set it in the sun.

It rained.

STUPID! :he STUPID! :he STUPID! :he

Sigh.........

we got 3/4" and I am very grateful, but I didn't remember the corn until after it quit raining and I went outside to check the rain gauge. :barnie I poured off the water, brought it inside and dried it off with a towel. Then I put it back outside. Hoping for more rain. :lol: I brought it back in last night.

We have a 20% chance of rain today.............going to put the wash pan of corn back outside...........

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
Boy-Howdy! When I wallop myself with the stupid-stick, it seems like I just can't stop! I have had the wash pan of corn in the house, drying S-L-O-W-L-Y. It was drying, but it was not hard yet, and I really want to mill some and make cornbread. So I took the wash pan outside and set it in the sun.

It rained.

STUPID! :he STUPID! :he STUPID! :he

Sigh.........

we got 3/4" and I am very grateful, but I didn't remember the corn until after it quit raining and I went outside to check the rain gauge. :barnie I poured off the water, brought it inside and dried it off with a towel. Then I put it back outside. Hoping for more rain. :lol: I brought it back in last night.

We have a 20% chance of rain today.............going to put the wash pan of corn back outside...........
:yuckyuck
That rite thar is some funny stuff, yes sir-ree.

(so any rain yet? Maybe you've discovered how to break a drought! We'll all be putting pans of corn on the porch!)

Latest posts