MEN and thier "help"

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What is it w/ men and thier noisy toys???? When I go out to weed the garden it is so pleasently quiet. I can hear the wild birds singing, the shovel slicing through the moist dirt w/a swoosh, the excited chickens clucking contentedly for their share of the bug loot, and all is well in the world. Then Gary comes over w/ his new "toy" to help me, it is a tiller attatchment to his weedeater, now the only thing I can hear is the roar of the gas motor, and the choking stench of the gas motor. Now instead of pulling out whole runner grass roots in one fell swoop, now I have gajilliouns of tiny root pieces all ready to make more runner grass if I miss even the tiniest piece!!!!! MEN!!!!!!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Haha, i can totally sympathize!! I get the neverending barrage of unanswerable questions... Why is this like this? Whats going to happen to this plant? Etc etc etc...i really prefer the peace and quiet when i'm in the garden by myself!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
This sounds like the equivilent to the old cliche' about a girl hanging around the garage while the guy is trying to work on his car. They just want to be near you! :D

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, just put it down to "provocation."

One of my earliest posts on TEG: (click)

You should know, I suppose, that I've replaced both tillers I mentioned with their newer models. They are all but identical and I use them as seldom as I can get away with. Meaning mostly, that when DW thinks I'd be better off using them - that's when they are most likely to be used.

Steve

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OK, I am not going to complain about DH helping because he has saved me so much work. BUT, he has 3 "antique" Gravely walk behind tractors with attachments. Talk about LOUD! He wears ear muffs! I don't have any. But it doesn't take him long and it works the ground so perfectly! It would take Mom and me hours to make the ridges he does for potatoes in just a few minutes. SO, don't like the noise, BUT it doesn't last long. lol Besides he is more a late afternoon person and me an early morning person. lol

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Men...simply...LOVE their toys. The noisier the better. :lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's true. In grade school when us boys had to stay in because we were "in trouble" for throwing spit wads, those were really "noisy tool" classes that we weren't supposed to ever talk about.

For extra credit I poked holes in lawn mower mufflers. Heck, my little brother just did the simple little kid things like attaching old playing cards to the bicycle frame so the spokes slapped it noisily. Course, now he has his 12th Harley...

Chain Saws and Leaf Blowers are great for noise!

Is it any wonder ole guys like me are always saying "huh?", or "what's that again?". Ya have to speak louder than the ringing in the ears, else you'll never be heard!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Man... my husband is carpenter. Mainly because of all the loud crazy power tools! :he

It's a man thing.... I just ignore him or :smack him if it annoys me. I swear he only builds me chicken coops to shut me up when he buys a new toy! :idunno

Latest posts