my little corner

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Been planting tomatoes and peppers. Still have another row of tomatoes to do. And still have cucumbers, pumpkins, okra and some other stuff left to plant! Also planted more squash today. Plus the chickens, ducks, rabbits, and sheep have all been fed and watered. I took a wee break, now it's back to the garden! It's only 10:15,so I have some time left before I have to get ready for work.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! You've really done a great job! Can't believe how far along everything is...Glad you relaxed today-can't be running constantly! Happy Gardening!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gave about half of the yard mowing its first mowing of the year. Many places didn't really need it, but we are predicted to have rain for most of the next 7 days so I thought to get ahead of the growing. Of course, I already put down fertilizer. Seems like a dumb thing to do now that the grass is growing.

Can't stain the deck -- rain expected too soon and too often. Can't till the pea bed -- not working tiller, big or little. I was actually lucky(?) to be able to mow. It has been one repair after another for the past week. Get a part, get it installed, try the tractor, find another broken part, get a part, get it installed, try the tractor, find another faulty part, get a part, get it installed, try the tractor. Success! Hook up the mower, find a broken part, get a part, get it installed, try to mow, replace the slipped belt, try to mow, reinstall the other belt, it just went on and on.

Then I had to listen to my son tell me how to run the machine. It's not like I haven't been the only one to use it for the past eleven years, no, he was instructing me in using the mower. I smiled, I listened, I got the mower working and took off for the furthest section to mow.

I just might get some grass seed down before our upcoming rainy session if I make it a quick supper. I love spring! So much to do!

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Rain, rain, and more rain! Can't weed the garden, can't finish tilling, can't finish planting. :( Guess I'll have to wait.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rain, rain, and more rain! :( Guess I'll have to wait.

That's what THEY are predicting every day. But no! It is actually getting a tad on the dry side and I hate watering the garden. Sigh! I need 24 hours of dry to stain the deck. Haven't done that either because the PROs called for rain. Heck! I should have just done it . . . but the prediction is for rain later today and into Monday.

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Just enough rain to make it muggy! :(
On the good side, the turnips,beets, onions, and beans are growing like crazy! And I'll be harvesting cabbages soon! Like maybe tomorrow. :D

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just enough rain to make it muggy! :(
On the good side, the turnips,beets, onions, and beans are growing like crazy! And I'll be harvesting cabbages soon! Like maybe tomorrow. :D

Just had 1.75 inches in about 10 minutes. I loaded the car at the store and got in just as it started to rain. The rain stopped about a quarter mile from my home so I got the groceries without getting wet. Nearly had to pull over to wait out the downpour on the drive home. Other-weather-wise, it's been dark, cloudy, light, cloudy, dark, with less than 0.05 in two days and wind! Forever windy!.

Sigh! It looks as if I have another load of topsoil back in the gully. Everything loose from planting ran off the neighboring fields.

Latest posts