my little corner

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The raised beds aren't dry enough to till fully, (it's a 10x20), but I did manage to get some of the onions in,as well as cabbage, leeks, peas, and beets.
The strawberries are planted, and so is the bee plot, if the chickens haven't dug it all up, that is. The plum trees are budding out, and the roses have leafed out. Compost is cooking, and life is good!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's the spirit!

Onions and leeks? Are those grown from seed, purchased as plants, sets & plants? Do you start peas and beets and transplant out.

Is spring arriving late in Alabama?

Steve
trying to see thru the fence boards into your little corner garden.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Me too! I hang out in the storage room with all the grow lights and starts just to feel like spring. It's not the same but it will have to do for now.....20degrees and light flurries today for us here in MN.

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The leeks and bunching onions are from seed. The red, white, and yellow onions are from sets. The peas and beets are seeds as well. The cabbages are starts. Got tomatoes coming up in the green house. I'll transplant them later when it's a bit warmer. Spring was a little later than usual this year, instead of getting started in February, I had to wait. But I'm hoping for a good year anyway. :)

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There is still snow in all my corners, so there's a lot more happiness in Alabama right now. :D
But I hope you have a great year too!

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
If it doesn't rain tonight or tomorrow, I'll be back in the garden. I want to plant some more peas and the rest of the onions, maybe even some potatoes. Plus the flower bed needs weeding desperately!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's just crazy to think you've already got so much going on already. I'm very happy for you though glad someone's getting a chance to play in the dirt.