my new cud chewing beauty queen

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations Cane! ! I bet you can't wait for that first glass of milk! We found a Guernsey raw milk dairy not far from here...... best milk EVER!! And yummy yogurt, cheese, butter..... drool. We're going back Wednesday, it's A2 milk too. You will have so much fun with your cow! So happy for you!

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Greeting,That is a nice looking girl, still has her winter woolies on. It will be a while before you'll need her to meet a fellow, you have time to hunt for someone with a Jersey bull that will do a favor.
Best of luck, I'm sure she'll be all you were hoping for.

Richard

When you pick her up ask for the Beta Casein test sheet, it will be something you'll want to keep.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It depends upon how large a herd you're looking for. If one cud chewing beauty is enough for you, try breeding her to a beef bull (no one hear of AI?) Then, use the calf for butchering. Otherwise, you'll have animals that waste food and don't put on the weight for good meat.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry if I was redundant, seedcorn. I was typing and posting while you were posting your message.
Oh I am MAD!!!!! :somad:somad:somad:tongue
:lol:

Good grief, if that is my only problem, I have NO problems.

Great minds think alike. AI way to go.

@canesisters good luck milking her 2X, every day. Better you than me. :frow

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL I would go with a mini donkey, I am a sucker for big ears.
Big ears or no ... a few mornings of the 3 am B R A Y I N G :rant you will send that @$$ with LONG ears onto Craigslist for FREE !!!!! :weee

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you know a bull ?
It's swimmers are in deep freeze !!! Keeping a bull for using on 1 cow is very costly in terms of $$$s as well as LIABILITY in case of it getting out and causing damage and/ or physical injury especially for dairy bulls as they are known for their rather nasty temperaments.. A AI date with an Angus bull swimmers ( using a Jersy bull semen would be ok if the result is a female, but if a bull calf , 50% -- % 50% crap shoot- - much more costly in time and feed to produce enough meat to justify it's keep ) will be the most profitable as well as provide more juicy BBQs while at the same time a lot less future labor 2x / day sitting on a milking stool with a pail under another udder. Since this heifer is 7 months old now, she should be getting in the mood fairly soon . ;)

Latest posts