my new cud chewing beauty queen

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob at what age do you breed a cow?
For beef heifers --- 12 +/- months, , for dairy 15 to 18 months old , and be about 70% of their adult weight for the breed. For best results the heifers should be vaccinated, wormed, and should be in good body condition and gaining on supplemental feeds and vitamin and mineral additives. It is helpful to have hormone treatment to induce heat / ovulation after their 1st heat cycle then be bred AI to a known bull that produces small birth weight calves.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with you on that @thistlebloom, I miss my donkey! I have a mule, but her attempt at braying sounds more like SQUONK! SQUONK! and it's drawn out like she's gurgling underwater. LOL

Haha! I love it! My toy mule sounds like he's trying to chuckle with impacted sinuses. But he can belt out a good bray when I take the horse out and leave him in. He's determined to let the neighborhood know he's being neglected.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
What usually sets donkeys off is an intruder, or seeing their person coming with breakfast or dinner. If that happens at 3 a.m., then I guess you could count on it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My donkey was like a flock of guineas. Movement of any kind wound him up. Yes, Red, you DEFINATELY need a donkey!!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
The barn is clean - the fences are going up - we're working out delivery dates!
Here she is taking a walk with Adam
4.28.15.jpg

Latest posts