New garden photos! ***DUW***

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Man, I havent been updating much! Last year I updated photos all the time. I believe it was because I only saw my garden every other day, so I was so amazed at the growth. Now its in my own backyard, so I see it all the time. :lol: Anyways, today I picked a lot!

I got:
20 onions (10 red, 10 yellow)
3 Squash
2 Green Zucchini
2 Yellow Zucchini
5 ears of Ruby Queen Corn
35 Sun Sugar tomatoes
2 Evergreen tomatoes
1 Kellog's Breakfast tomato
1 Pruden's Purple tomato
2 Brandywine tomatoes
10 Conestoga tomatoes

I believe that is all! It sure was fun picking it all. I had some beans that needed to be picked as well, but I forgot! I actually just remembered. :th Oh well, I'll get them tomorrow!

The Whole Setup:

Agarden.jpg

My Zinnia Row:

Arow.jpg

*I had to wrap the zinnias, tomatoes and cosmos in chicken wire because my tomatoes were being eaten as they ripened. Dang chickens*

Some Zinnias: (The Orange are BEAUTIFUL. I've never seen any this orange before. )

Azin.jpg

* I have a HUGE hand, haha.*

Giantzinnia.jpg

Azinnia-1.jpg

Pics of My Harvest:

Aharvest.jpg

*This corn is beautiful, and it was VERY tasty*

Acornnn.jpg

Aonions.jpg

Aonion.jpg

Atom.jpg

Thank you all for looking! :frow

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow

GREAT PHOTOS! I could almost smell those tomatoes! :celebrate

That was a great harvest for the day. I'm still waiting for my tomatoes to start to get red let alone eat them. Still I must not complain as I had a spectacular crop of Peas & Broad beans this year (although they are over now & the vines fed to the chickens). My Runner Beans have just started to produce (delicious) & my corn is doing really well. Today I'm sowing more beans & peas for the fall garden. We have had heavy rain overnight -- the first for weeks in my area of the UK. It will do the garden a lot of good but the wind that came with it is not so good.......!!

I love seeing & reading your posts as your climate is so different from mine. Keep telling us all about it. You must be glad to have your garden in your own yard at last.

Happy Gardening! :ya

:rose Hattie :rose

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a great looking harvest! Those pictures are beautiful, I love the close ups. I'd blow them up and hang them in the kitchen!! That corn does look good- what kind is it? Enjoy all your delicious veggies!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
oh my goodness look at all that goodness!!! wow!!!! such lovely photos thanks so much for sharing!

the zinnias remind me of my father he used to love to have loads of zinnias in the garden ..I am not sure why or how I have missed planting them but next year for sure you have inspired me thank you!!!

your garden is beautiful!!!! that corn!!! wow!!!!

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thank you, Hattie!

I was really happy with my harvest. Some days I get nothing, and the next day I get so much, its unreal. I hope your garden does great, it sounds like you've got a lot going on! I find it so interesting when I read about others who have nothing ripe right now, or just a few things. I live in the Central Valley, and from what I've heard, its an excellent place to garden. I definitely have to agree. I've been here my entire life and our gardens have always been amazing with hardly any work. Im extremely happy to have my garden here at home with me this year, its awesome. Thanks again!

Thanks, Lesa!

I definitely take pride in my photos. I love taking photographs and tweaking them with my photoshop programs. The garden is my favorite place to take pictures as well, there is so much color and variety out there. I like the idea of hanging them in the kitchen though, I just might have to do that! The corn is Ruby Queen, its from Burpee. I've seen it for a while now and I grabbed a packet this year. I planted 4 rows and only got one to germinate well at all, so I left it and got about half a dozen ears. It turned a little grey after being cooked, so it looked funny, but it tasted great. Thank You.

Thank you, HiD!

I NEVER have a garden without zinnias. They're my favorite flower, and they add a nice burst of color to the garden. They come in so many colors, shapes and sizes, they're just really fun to grow. Last year my row was about 20-25 ft long and it was pretty impressive! Im glad I inspired you, I think all gardens should have some zinnias in them. They're so easy to grow and they're beautiful, so why not? Thank you again, I really appreciate your comments!

tryingtohaveitall

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I love all the pics, but the one with your produce lined up on the steps was incredible! Magazine worthy! That corn is so interesting looking also. I think I may have to give corn another try next year. Great job!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
WOW !!! looks incredible

Way to go your garden looks excellent !!

:thumbsup

:coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun

Latest posts