New greenhouse, pics!

jellybean

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'll get a pic of the fastener. I didn't put along the top of the 6x6 just because it seemed harder to stretch it tight that way. With plastic this thick it is hard to zip the fastener together. With thin plastic it would be much easier. I will probably unzip the sides and have the plastic against the pipe for winter. Don't really want to remove it since it's a bit difficult to stretch it back out and zip in tight.

AKCharle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Nice jellybean, I love the raised beds too. Do you have soil all the way to the bottom? How excellent they would be for strawberries. Here's pics of my high tunnels I put up last year. They weren't finished as I only needed them to be covered for the NRCS inspection. This year they go into full swing. It's been so stinkin hot here (okay, 70 degrees is stinkin hot to me) that I have not needed to put up the covers and roll up sides but will as the year rolls on and it's time to keep my crops warm.
High Tunnel No (1).png
High Tunnel No (2).png

Here's what they look like without the roll up sides or the roll up end panels on. Lots of work. I can't have raised beds in mine, I have to plant in the ground but I already have the carrots and garlic in. Next week everything else goes in.

jellybean

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That's a big tunnel, very nice! I put in 1/4" soaker line which worked great in the beginning. I just got time to mulch the beds, and am thinking the sun damaged the soaker line too much. Some of them weren't really putting out water at all, I've been hand watering also since I didn't have time to mess with it. So I'm guessing I need to replace most of it, and maybe with mulch over the water lines it will keep them working. Of course I mulched a couple beds before I realized this and the lines are covered now.

Latest posts